Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

4521 - 4540 of 4542 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dropped the bloody thing! Came up over the crest of a hill and went a bit too far before I realized the asphalt disappeared into a muddy dirt road. I'm stopped but unfortunately in the middle of a very narrow road on a steep gradient and nowhere to go. My short stubby legs let me down again, even with such a small bike. Course I drop it on the right side bending the bar terribly bad and sending the rear-brake lever straight into the oil glass.

I blame the guy going so slowly in front of me I decided to take a side road. Yes. Definitely his fault!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dropped the bloody thing! Came up over the crest of a hill and went a bit too far before I realized the asphalt disappeared into a muddy dirt road. I'm stopped but unfortunately in the middle of a very narrow road on a steep gradient and nowhere to go. My short stubby legs let me down again, even with such a small bike. Course I drop it on the right side bending the bar terribly bad and sending the rear-brake lever straight into the oil glass.

I blame the guy going so slowly in front of me I decided to take a side road. Yes. Definitely his fault!
Yikes! Glad you’re okay!

Luckily it seems like replacing the sight glass is not crazy difficult.

Good luck getting it sorted out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Washed the bike. Cleaned / lubed the chain. Noticed the chain needed to be tightened. Ordered a lynch pin (saw a forum post here (y)) to replace the cotter pin. The lynch pin was 3/16" and a bit too big. Had to file it down, a little tedious but fits fine now (see pic). Cruised around the neighborhood. Wheel did not fall off which is good ;) Acceleration seems more responsive.
IMG_0016.JPG

·
Registered
450 Posts
I installed a Two Brothers Black Series (carbon) full exhaust system - my Baby Ninja no longer sounds like a scooter at idle!!!

Awesome looking exhaust!
Awesome looking bike!

(I put a Danmoto slip-on on my 2017 Winter test Edition Ninja 300 a few days after getting it because I was so appalled at the 'scooter sound'! ?)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered TechSpecs new xline tank pads
Real Carbon Tank cover
Gold did chain
Vortex aluminum sprocket 45 teeth
14 driven front sprocket
Hope the sprocket makes a difference

oh also polished the tank 👍
Don’t mind the rear cowl I forgot to slam it closed!...

AA0E9C4F-3EAB-44C5-AE87-EF2D61BD2E82.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ninja 300-er , what did you do to your Ninja today ?? :cool:

Just fill to full tank today and clean up around with soft towel , did oil change before 600 miles service.

Bought on 1/24 and still waiting for license plate ( Cali DMV too slow )

Adjusted my rear suspension to be stiffer and upgraded to 150/60 rear tire. The bike feels more confident inspiring, stable, aggressive, and "meatier".

·
Registered
86 Posts
Filled up with Super gas $2.35 / gal. Regular was $1.94. Cheap for NYC! Didn't notice that big a difference. Will stick with regular.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! New to this forum :) Picked up my ninja 300 a week ago so wrapped and got my Learners on Saturday..

However I did purchase some NGK CR8EIX IRIDIUM Spark Plugs and K&N Air Filter :) I heard that I shouldn't put in the air filter if the bike hasn't been tuned for performance? Is that correct?
I haven't put them in yet just looking for some opinions.
I've also changed the chinese two brothers exhaust the previous owner had on to a Musarri black exhaust :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Filled up with Super gas $2.35 / gal. Regular was $1.94. Cheap for NYC! Didn't notice that big a difference. Will stick with regular.
Our local gas/petrol stations here in Pennsylvania now sells ethanol-free 91 octane [(R+M)/2], which I now use for pretty much anything other than cars: mowers, tractors, generators, weed whackers, chain saws, and yes, the Ninja 300! (y)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just looked at it again today. Thought about taking a ride, but looked like rain. Besides cardiologist said no driving for six months. He does not know me ! 🤪

Had a little heart surgery 4 weeks ago. New Pacemaker and Defibulator now in chest with 4 wires in heart. 😱

Really owe a lot to one EMT that decided to take some action in the ambulance on way to hospital. Was on my way out of here with no blood pressure until he shocked me. Was told that chemicals used in ER would probably not have done me any good.

Believe me folks, you don't want to be shocked. I swear that I either seen lightening from heaven or flames for hell. 👻

Anyways, I will be back riding in a few days. If I can drive my Vette, I can ride my Ninja. 😉

·
Registered
554 Posts
You folks are posting some nice pictures. 👍
Kindly keep doing it. This one likes to see the different bikes. 🚲

·
Registered
450 Posts
Darn, Granpooba, GLAD you're okay!!! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

(maybe we need a new thread: "What did you do to your heart today?" 😲😊)

4521 - 4540 of 4542 Posts