Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

4481 - 4500 of 4523 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Changed the oil, swapped the stock exhaust and Leo Vince slip-on for a full M4 carbon exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Installed Black Path 1" handlebar risers. :wink2:

Hung Road Gremlin bell on bottom of bike. :surprise:

Installed larger kick stand foot. :smile2:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pooba - does this mean we're getting closer to finally hearing if that new gel seat of yours is more comfortable??

I sure as hell hope that you are going to be hearing soon if the Gel Seat is more comfortable. :wink2:
Supposed to be real hot the next few days, with a heat index nearing 110 degrees and sorry to say that the AC on my Ninja just failed. Thus, you will only find me in one of my AC cars. But, next week my wife has a few appointments and a concert to attend. Then the Ninja and I will be doing a work out and I can get back to you folks with a report. :revv:

P.S. This ole butt needs all the added comfort it can find. :crying:

Finally, I am not really a superstious type of person, but with all the wacko drivers on the roads these day, I feel that a biker needs all the help that they can get. That is why I added a " Gremlin Bell " to my Ninja and I also have one for my Yammy. I selected a USAF bell for my bikes as that is the branch of service that I am a veteran . But their are many others that you can choose from. And no, I am not a sales person for the company. >:)

For those of you that do not know what Gremlin Bells are, they help scare away any road gremlins.
Take a look >>>>>> http://www.gremlin-bells.com/

EXPLANATION OF GREMLIN BELLS:

The Legend: Legend has it that a small bell attached to your motorcycle, close to the ground, catches the Evil Road Spirits. The Little Gremlins live on your motorcycle causing all kinds of mechanical problems. The cavity of the bell attracts these Evil Spirits, but the constant ringing drives them insane and they lose their grip and fall to the ground. (Have you ever wondered where pot holes come from?)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pooba - does this mean we're getting closer to finally hearing if that new gel seat of yours is more comfortable??

OK :excl: OKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ........... you are finally hearing if the new gel seat is more comfortable than the stock seat.

Took a 135 mile ride today, just to check out risers and gel seat. Can not say much good about the risers as posted in another discussion. And as far as the GEL seat is concerned. Personally, I think a person would be better off spending the money getting silicon injections in their butt, rather than spending it on the factory GEL seat.:surprise:

Sorry to say, this person just did not feel that much more comfortable on the GEL seat. Todays ride basically took me over the same route that I had taken before with the factory seat. On those first rides, I took one break. Today, I took two breaks.

Wish I could report that the seat makes this bike a lot more comfortable, but I just in all honesty, can not say that. :shrug.001:

·
Registered
1 Posts
May be this will help you.

Hi Ninja 300-er , what did you do to your Ninja today ?? :cool:

Just fill to full tank today and clean up around with soft towel , did oil change before 600 miles service.

Bought on 1/24 and still waiting for license plate ( Cali DMV too slow )
Hy you can find all ninja models here cruzwheels.com. Thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
One year " Factory Service " and swapped out factory lowering links for " One Inch " lowering links.

Also, purchased small travel bag for passenger pad, but have not attached that yet as of this posting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did full 12k km service couple of weeks ago (at 12k miles... oops) and finally got around to giving the bike a good cleaning today!

I’m convinced this bike is bulletproof! Previous owner laid it down while riding on the twisties, I tossed it into the scenery at the track, and someone knocked it over in a parking lot. Aside from all the cosmetic damage, engine is in great shape and everything works perfectly. I’m very impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
I looked at it as I walked by . But was also thinking that as soon as they arrive, I will need to be installing the radiator guard and new soft grips. :wink2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Obligatory not today, but yesterday and the night before, did my first valve clearance job. I bought my '14 300 at 12,000 miles, and I suspect the valves weren't checked by the previous 3 owners, so here I am at 30,000 miles (I know a little late lol) but I finally dove in and did it. It was in much need of the adjustment, but not terribly. Only 3 out of 8 valves were truly out of spec. It feels really good to do the job myself, and it feels really good to save hundreds of dollars. It was just a little scary the first time hitting that starter button after :) But that job, new coolant + flush, and new oil and filter.

She's running great! Couldn't be happier with my work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Obligatory not today, but yesterday and the night before, did my first valve clearance job. I bought my '14 300 at 12,000 miles, and I suspect the valves weren't checked by the previous 3 owners, so here I am at 30,000 miles (I know a little late lol) but I finally dove in and did it. It was in much need of the adjustment, but not terribly. Only 3 out of 8 valves were truly out of spec. It feels really good to do the job myself, and it feels really good to save hundreds of dollars. It was just a little scary the first time hitting that starter button after /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif But that job, new coolant + flush, and new oil and filter.

She's running great! Couldn't be happier with my work.
What were the numbers?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took it back to the track for the first time since my crash at the circuit, 7 months ago.

Feels so goooooood!

I’m still surprised at how gentle the 300 is on tires! These are my tires after 4 track days and 4k+ miles of commuting

Track days on the cheap!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I looked at my 300 and thought that it is time to winterize as my riding season is over with. :crying:

Put the Corvette away yesterday. :frown2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
what sort of Michelins are they? They have been working very well, Do you have the 110/70/17 on the front? Great photos thanks inspiring!!
knoffie

·
Registered
50 Posts
what sort of Michelins are they? They have been working very well, Do you have the 110/70/17 on the front? Great photos thanks inspiring!!

knoffie

Knoffie,

Thank you!

They are Michelin Power RS; and yes, the front is a stock 110/70/17

·
Registered
549 Posts
Winterized, covered and put to bed, until next Spring.

Our or at least my riding season is over and done. :storm:

4481 - 4500 of 4523 Posts