Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

4461 - 4480 of 4523 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bummer!!! Be careful where you get them, though. I had dropped my 2008 250R in the driveway (must be a girl thing:wink2:) and bought fairing pieces from eBay that were supposed to be compatible. Well, they fit, but the paint didn't match.:emot-bang: It was too much trouble to return them, so I just rode with it that way. I sold it to a friend and he didn't mind it. So if you're picky, make darn sure you get the same paint color or just replace all the fairings to be sure.
I'm looking at getting a whole set of replacement fairings just to be sure of the paint match. I also found today after I got a good look at it in the light that the gear selector is bent up and needs to be replaced as well as the clutch lever. Could have been worse though and no one was hurt. Just ironic that it happened right after she said the bike inspired confidence compared to her bike.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm looking at getting a whole set of replacement fairings just to be sure of the paint match. I also found today after I got a good look at it in the light that the gear selector is bent up and needs to be replaced as well as the clutch lever. Could have been worse though and no one was hurt. Just ironic that it happened right after she said the bike inspired confidence compared to her bike.

Glad she's OK!!! I was pushing mine backward up the gravel into the garage, couldn't get it over the lip of the concrete and it fell away from me. A few months later I got a concrete driveway approach for Mothers' Day!:grin2:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Last weekend I got my BrakeAway installed, and my father-in-law and I tore into wiring the high beams on the Denalis. It was quittin' time before we found the blasted high beam wire. We got back to it yesterday. Dad says the low and high beam were wired together so they were probably on high beam all the time. I couldn't swear to it, but I thought they were working properly when I brought it home new. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, they're working now!!!:multistars_smilie:And I didn't have to pay the shop to do it! I bought Dad a beer (from my fridge):eek:ccasion14:

The weather is going to crap for a week or so, so I won't have a chance to test anything for awhile. It was sunny and 60s yesterday! So since Sheldon was in pieces, I rode around in Bug with the top down. He had just had a bath Monday, so he was quite the eye-catcher. I got a lot of compliments on him!

·
Registered
227 Posts
was looking at my notes from last year...first ride of the season was on March 15th. We still have a lot of snow on the ground and the temp was below zero this morning...I'm sure my first ride of '19 won't be in mid March... #endlesswintersucks

·
Registered
549 Posts
was looking at my notes from last year...first ride of the season was on March 15th. We still have a lot of snow on the ground and the temp was below zero this morning...I'm sure my first ride of '19 won't be in mid March... #endlesswintersucks

I'm not in IOWA, but I am in New York state and its the same here. :coldsmilie:

:welcome: to the " ENDLESS WINTER SUCKS CLUB " . :eek:ccasion14:

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
The windchill in Iowa was only -30 yesterday; where's your sense of adventure? :wink2:

·
Registered
142 Posts
The windchill in Iowa was only -30 yesterday; where's your sense of adventure? :wink2:

Years ago, my husband received a Key to the City of Des Moines. My father-in-law always said that we need to find the door, lock it, and head south. Three years ago we finally got it done. That's when my sense of adventure moved to the Ozarks!!!:smiley_bolt:

·
Registered
549 Posts
My wife just returned from an adventure of visiting one of her brothers in Naples, FL.

The stupid part of the adventure belongs to me, as I stayed home and did not go. :emot-bang:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just read about Black Path 1" handle bar risers on another posting here on the forum.

Searched them out and purchased a pair on EBAY.

Should be arriving in about three days. But will not be installed as my 300 is in winter storage. And believe me, it is still WINTER here !

Very much looking forward to installing the risers and improving my comfort as I am more of a sport-touring rider. :smile2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nothing today but Sunday I took her out of hibernation and got her ready for the new season...fresh motul 7100 oil change and filter, cleaned, lubed, aligned and set tension on the chain, checked and set tire pressure. Also installed a few upgrades I accumulated over the winter.

Last night I just couldn't help myself...despite the cold it was dry out and the heavy rains lately have washed away most of the winter debris so I took her for a quick 20 minute ride. What a feeling! Haven't been on a motorcycle since last November and this bike since October, so was pretty happy to be out there.

Now if the cold can just f***off already, this winter has gone on long enough

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Replaced stock front brake for CBR954RR caliper using SV Racing adapter bracket.

Had to rebuild caliper, so I purchased and installed a kit from Brakecrafters, here, in Cave Creek, AZ. They have great staff and are very knowledgeable. Highly recommend them!

While rebuilding caliper, I also took the opportunity to inspect and clean the front master cylinder I installed from a D675.

Rode around the block and I’m super pleased with the increased stopping power! Best mod so far

https://www.brakecrafters.com/
https://www.svracingparts.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Replaced stock front brake for CBR954RR caliper using SV Racing adapter bracket.

Had to rebuild caliper, so I purchased and installed a kit from Brakecrafters, here, in Cave Creek, AZ. They have great staff and are very knowledgeable. Highly recommend them!

While rebuilding caliper, I also took the opportunity to inspect and clean the front master cylinder I installed from a D675.

Rode around the block and I’m super pleased with the increased stopping power! Best mod so far

https://www.brakecrafters.com/
https://www.svracingparts.com/

Nice!

What size is the D675 MC?

Are the disc and pads still stock?

I bought some time ago an EBC disc and Vesrah Pads. I'm about to install those.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice!

What size is the D675 MC?

Are the disc and pads still stock?

I bought some time ago an EBC disc and Vesrah Pads. I'm about to install those.

Thanks!

Don’t know about the MC size. I just chose to go with it since it’s not very expensive and is the same as I have on my Street Triple R. I figured with same MC I’d get a similar feel. Not how it turned out, but it works really well. Only thing to consider if going with the same MC is that there may be clearance issues. I’m using Woodcraft clip-ons and had to dremel away quite a few chunks out of the inner body work to make room for MC, hoses, and cords.

The CBR954RR calipers do need pads that are specific to that caliper, so pads that fit N300 will not work.

The rotors I’m using are stock. I’ll be looking to switch to something with floating disks when I do replace.

Do share how the new rotors perform for you!

Question for you: you switching rotors due to wear or for performance gains?

·
Registered
339 Posts
^^ I had to change pads and wanted to try different pads, maybe more performant ones. Then several people advised me not to use more aggressive pads on the stock rotors or they would wear out too fast, so after a bit of research I decided to upgrade the rotor to an EBC semi floating and the vesrah pads. I don't recall the models or type name right now.

I also tought about changing the caliper and MC. I've read you don't have to go too crazy with the stopping power or you can get a too hard feeling on the lever, so it's important to consider the relation between the MC size and the size of all the pistons of the caliper combined.
But I guess you're good, as you already rode the bike and you like it.

Definitely a lot of space for improving in the front brake of the N300.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did get the Plastics off of the bike this weekend and detail the engine and the inside area that is usually inaccessible. it looks surprisingly good with the side panels off. it was funny because I got more compliments on the bike this weekend then I've gotten since I owned it two years ago people must think it's some kind of new model or something.

·
Registered
50 Posts
^^ I had to change pads and wanted to try different pads, maybe more performant ones. Then several people advised me not to use more aggressive pads on the stock rotors or they would wear out too fast, so after a bit of research I decided to upgrade the rotor to an EBC semi floating and the vesrah pads. I don't recall the models or type name right now.

I also tought about changing the caliper and MC. I've read you don't have to go too crazy with the stopping power or you can get a too hard feeling on the lever, so it's important to consider the relation between the MC size and the size of all the pistons of the caliper combined.

But I guess you're good, as you already rode the bike and you like it.

Definitely a lot of space for improving in the front brake of the N300.

Ahhhh. That all makes sense. No wonder the lever travel was reduced so much.

I’ve also heard about wearing out rotors quickly. Good idea that you’re changing rotors and pads as a set. You’ll probably get the best stopping power that way.

Keep us posted!

4461 - 4480 of 4523 Posts