Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some years ago i bought a Sony Handy Cam Hi-8 Camera & still have it. its my work horse, been mounted to many motorcycles over the years and still goes strong. Disadvantage it is friggin heavy, but have several hours of battery life though.

A few years ago i was given a Flip Mino HD camera that records for 1 hour and its my main camera i use

http://support.theflip.com/en-us/products/minohd/

for what it is , its great. records for 1 hour max. cant upgrade or change the ram on board, but thats cool. very small & light weight. not waterproof but has antishake. very easy to use, a 5 year old kid can use it & works well enough for youtube. there is better around, but for the price i got it for , im not complaining.

I did just stumble across these

http://driftinnovation.com/

The Drift HD Ghost, waterproof to 3 meters, and water proof remote & TONS of other features & very small & light weight. lighter then a go pro. i really like the looks of these camera's

what have you got & why do you like it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the Drift HD Ghost. Why do I like it? Awesome battery life, 1080HD, form factor, waterproof (no external case needed), rotating lens (helps orient and position the camera at diff. angles), remote control LED light indicator that uses radio frquency instead of wi-fi (which drains your battery), has a nice tag looping feature, so if you are not recording and missed something, you can go back 5 minutes and get the recording, takes pics as well, which is a nice add-on, gorilla glass scratch resistent screen, etc. I am very happy with my purchase. :)

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have the Drift HD Ghost.
how far away does the remote control work from?

and can you have it on charge while still recording eg via usb cable?

does it also have a receptacle at the base of it for a standard camera tripod?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I was using my GoPro HD Hero 2 as a helmet cam up until a few nights ago, but I got tired of the buffeting it was causing, so I removed it... 100000x times more comfortable riding now; no more constant head wobble.

I'm hoping to pick up a Drift Ghost to use as a helmet cam, and I'll probably re-purpose the Hero 2 as an alt-angle cam.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awesome thanks mate, i think i know what to tell misses_cruizin what i want for my birthday present in a few months, lol

what cable do you use to charge it with while recording is it usb or what is it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
awesome thanks mate, i think i know what to tell misses_cruizin what i want for my birthday present in a few months, lol

what cable do you use to charge it with while recording is it usb or what is it?
No problem :)

It comes with a usb cable already, so yes USB, then you just get something like an external usb battery. For example I got this: http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-Incredible-Blackberry-chargeable/dp/B003ZBZ64Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370072037&sr=8-1&keywords=itrent, but you can also get the smaller version http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-flashlight-Incredible-Blackberry/dp/B0013G8PTS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370072049&sr=8-2&keywords=itrent.

You can also get one of http://www.amazon.com/USB-Weather-Power-Outlet-Charger/dp/B003TVDVO4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1370072375&sr=8-6&keywords=motorcycle+usb+port and add it on to your bike (I plan on doing this at some point).

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah ha!!! interesting. the usb charger does it have to be say 1000mA like the ones you use to charge an ipod/ipad with and plug in to a cigarette lighter??

the reason i ask is so i can run a usb cable to a 12v usb charge adaptor under the seat and keep recording while riding/charging

·
Registered
389 Posts
ah ha!!! interesting. the usb charger does it have to be say 1000mA like the ones you use to charge an ipod/ipad with and plug in to a cigarette lighter??

the reason i ask is so i can run a usb cable to a 12v usb charge adaptor under the seat and keep recording while riding/charging
Here's a really good video review on it, it will show you what's all in the box, etc:

Edit: Oops, sorry no it doesn't have the cigarette lighter thing. I thought you were talking about something else. If you buy the external charger, it does come with a cigarette lighter plug as well as a DC (direct current) plug.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
GoPro HD Hero 3 Black mounted to helmet chinbar (centered). Flex mic routes to chinbar and sticks with velcro. GoPro Hero 3 White cams for #2 and #3 views (when used).

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a really good video review on it, it will show you what's all in the box, etc: .

i have read the manual for it and i cant find the answer to this

can you rotate the camera say 90 degress and select an option in the camera so it auto rotates the camera view so instead of it recording video on the side it is the right way up

hope that makes sense

the reason i ask. it looks like the screw for the tripod is on the side and not on the base as i would expect.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i read the manual again, looks like you just need to rotate the lens and that will make the video appear to be upright while the camera body itself is at an angle. i think i read that right.

if this is the case, then that is freaking awesome!

·
Banned
277 Posts
Shot with 2 Contour Roams @ 720P 60FPS (clips were cropped to fit in one video)

Right now I shoot with 2 GoPro 2's with wifi backpacks.

Looking to replace them with GoPro 3 Black editions before my mtb race in Italy.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts