Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many members are in the Western Part of North Carolina (or surrounding areas) are there and are down schedule a group ride?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not too far from hickory. where would be a good riding spot close by? Could do the parkway ot tail of the dragon but theyre still a pretty good way away.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I live in Asheville and 1 mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance. No better place to ride. Although the rangers will bust ya for doing 46 mph.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have a friend I made at MSF course (Harley rider) might be interested too... I don't think he's ready for the dragon, although he's not a total noob, he's had his bike since last year but put it down hard avoiding a cat at night... Some nasty scars from surgery to prove it ...

Not sure I am, either, for that matter ...

Most of the 150,000+ miles under my belt are "Iowa" miles.... Mostly straight roads... A tight turn is one rated for 35-45 MPH... Your only corners you can practice on are high speed, taking those 35 & 45 curves at 50 to 70... Lol.

Definitely want to get to the dragon, though, but at a nice, leisurely pace the first few times through.

Blue Ridge would be a Go, though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
344 Posts
I live in Asheville and 1 mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance. No better place to ride. Although the rangers will bust ya for doing 46 mph.
I'm off highway 11 in greenville sc not far from the parkway myself def a great pkace to ride hit me up if you guys go to Caesar head sometime or whatever I'm going to the dragon at the end of next month if anyone is game to go or meet up I'm about an hourish from ashville but would be better if I just meet up at a middle place on the way

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the Charlotte area. New to the forum. Been riding for about a year mostly solo work. I have the 2014 SE ABS 300. Almost have five grand on the miles. If anyone is riding through the mountains this fall or just wants to ride a few hours or a weekend trip to some where let me know!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm near Winston-Salem...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Kings Mountain area here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts