Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought my first bike, a 2014 ninja 300 used with about 1500 miles on it. Everything checked out when I bought it, the VIN number was clean, and everything was working. However, it wasn't until after I have already purchased the bike and rode it back home when I noticed that there is a weird number written on the engine. It says "e7-22". Can this mean that this was not the original engine that came with the motorcycle frame or that the engine has been rebuilt? Is there any way for me to check to make sure that the engine and the frame are original from the factory?

Here's a picture of it for better clarification, please let me know if this is something normal on all Kawasaki bikes or if it means that the bike has been rebuilt.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep on mine too and my friends. Either assembler identification or some other factory markings.

If you know where to look, your car/truck has them all over the place. It indicates that the component was installed and properly torqued down. This is probably the same thing on your ninja engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts