Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... I was wondering has anyone taken a passenger on their bike yet and if so, how did the bike pull and also would there be an issue with weight.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I take my girlfriend with me often. I am 180lbs and she's about 130lbs. It's just fine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...just what I needed to know. When people ask me what bike I'm getting and I get to the 300 part their face gets weird looking and tell me I need a 1000...but I factored In the insurance, the price or the bike, and the fact that I haven't had that much experience other than the class, I feel better off with the 300 and if I get tired of it, at least ill have this one paid off in no time and can upgrade easily.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
300 is a much better choice unless you're the "bigger is better" attitude kinda person, which is typical ignorance of people who don't know what they're talking about =P

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm lowering mine so the wife can ride it if she wants too....i'm like 140 and she is like 110 so even lower with both of us I doubt we will bottom out, unless we go jumping ramps or something.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah handles fine with two people, plenty of torque left lol takes a lil out but not much at all. depending on total weight of the driver and passenger i suppose.

this bikes not too bad to ride 2 up, i dont mind it. Its much better in my opinion with the 15t front sprocket. I say this because it smooths out shifting and downshifting. if your passenger is'nt too planted like most of mine... unfortunately... then they slide forward on you and it really throws me off plus weight distribution makes it longer to stop if they do this. So keep your passengers planted!!! and get a front sprocket to help.

If you dont like it with the sprocket, take it off and put the stock one back on lol its liek a 15 dollar part, how can you go wrong!

good luck bud! You made a good choice on a bike!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Banned
562 Posts
Lol old I weigh more than u and ur wife u will be fine

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
993 Posts
Lol old I weigh more than u and ur wife u will be fine

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah, so does my friend john, well he used to. I used to weigh 189lbs. for my 50th (3yrs ago) I dropped 50lbs in 5 months. Doc told me that was unhealthy and I had to gain some back, so I did, got back to a semi-muscular 173, then developed stage III metastatic malignant melonoma....in my left neck thyroid area. They cut it outta me, radiated me and six months later couldn't find any more, but I just had my second full body scan on tues. going to see the doc tommorrow to see if anything has resurfaced...oh weight yah...well after 10 months of chemo I got down to 128lbs, no azz, no shoulders , legs went to pot LOL, i'll get it back, i'm already back up to 140 lbs in 5 weeks off the stuff. Hopefully tommorrow i'll get good news and start workin' out again. Least I know how to put it back on the right way.

·
Banned
562 Posts
I know how that feels
doc says i need to lose 50 pounds
i have lost 13 so far goal is to get back to 205
diabetes sux
rock on with the cancer
my mom died of breast cancer
i am really glad you are doing well
good luck in the recovery let us know your
recovery number? Do they do that still?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Not my doc, he doesn't do percentages either, just slaps the heck outta ya with high doses of chemo and intense radiation. I've lost alot of feeling on my left neck/shoulder/chest and top back shoulder area, but hey....i'm riding! and will be for awhile if I have my way. Most "cures" are a shooting match anyway, so many different variables, my wifes mom developed some cancer in her lung back in nov. and passed away right after christmas, me i've had mine for a year now and believe I might be on the right track to survival.
Thanks for the encouragement , you do what the doc says, some of them guys know thier stuff! Stay off the soda's / breads/ sugars and pasta! LOL, thats how I lost my weight the first time.

·
Banned
562 Posts
rgr that
i can do all that but the soda
sprite is the only thing that settles my stomach

·
Registered
993 Posts
heh...soda is our worst enemy, sugar and carbonation, baaaddd LOL , I quit soda and went to lite beer, and I still lost weight even tho the beer has some sugar and all them barleys and such, gotta say I moderatly drank beer, not replaced soda with it. Was hard for me to do, not sure about what to settle your stomach, maybe nexium? or somesuch acid reducer. Do your best to follow the doc or your diet coaches orders or both.... and sometimes, just sometimes follow your own advice, your body will tell you what you are doing right or wrong. Everyones metabalism is different so what worked for me might not work for you...jus' sayin' I might not be telling you what would work for you just cause it worked for me don't make it right.

·
Banned
562 Posts
yeh you are right
but i am gonna keep trucking
i am loving the bikes tho the 300 rocks for city
the 650 for highway and as my confidence builds
my goal is by summer to be riding the 300 back and forth
to morristown at least 3 to 4 times a week

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ya, i'll be riding the 300 everyday, I picked it up last saturday and today it has 284 miles on it. I've only ridden it 3 days, its rained for three, today I rode about 40 miles, it was like 42 degrees outside, kinda chilly but bareable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tonight at work there was a conversation about bikes and I mentioned the bike I'm getting and I swear everyone laughed like it was the funniest thing EVER...

1) they laughed n said "do they still make 300 bikes?" Which was funny to me because its a new bike dumbass

2) they said with my weight I will need atleast a 650 or 1000...(I'm 247)

3) no one will ride with me, they will just laugh at my engine size

4) if I do find someone to ride with me, they will leave me in the dust.

They laughed so hard until I gave my reply...

I asked them has any of them seen or rode the bike? They all said no n they r sure its the size of a bicycle from Walmart...

I asked them was any of them paying for the bike...

And third I asked them wtf r they so concerned about what I'm getting when neither one of them has a license and/or insurance.

But could they be right about my weight n the bike? Will I get tired of it after just two months? I want to be able to ride it to work(highway) n sometimes ride on the interstate... Will I need to get the 650 instead?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Oh, all the misinformed morons of the world. Don’t worry about what everyone else says. I’ve had a bunch of nay sayers try and make fun of my bike until they saw the bike, and then saw how it rides. Now one of those nay sayers OWNS a 300.

Btw the guy sitting to my left is 205lbs and rides a cbr250. He can ride just like I would be able to on his 250. The bike has PLENTY of power.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont know if its because ive never owned a bike before or whatever the case maybe but they were really tickled by the fact that the motor is a 300...Im not trying to pop a wheelie or do all of those needless spinoffs they "think" is necessary. Im just getting something that i want to ride and just ride. The price of the other bikes are ridiculous and no way in hell am i trying to get a car payment just for a motorcycle right now

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
You can pop a wheelie on the 300. Even my buddy can do it on his 250 and he's a large build 205lbs. He did it the other day when we took off from a red light.

Just think. You can go further (MPG), can whip your bike around easier, it's cheaper and so is the insurance. And it's the first of it's kind. They're just haters. I've been riding around with a few people here, even some guy who had a 1700 cruiser bike and we all still had fun.

They just see an engine size and think it represents the size of your manhood, which means nothing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts