Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or do sport bikers only wave at eachother and no one else? Ive been passing a lot of cruisers and touring bikes but its almost as if there's an unwritten code in not acknowleging anyone but your own kind.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Depends on the rider. People will claim cruiser riders won't wave at sport bikes and vice versa, but I get pretty much equal acknowledgement from every type.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i wave at everyone, if they dont wave oh well. It will spread like a disease and they will soon too start waving at everyone.

·
Registered
134 Posts
waving at other bikes

Got a nod from an Irvine motorcycle cop on Sunday.

:0

(That's me looking surprised.)

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Is it me or do sport bikers only wave at eachother and no one else? Ive been passing a lot of cruisers and touring bikes but its almost as if there's an unwritten code in not acknowleging anyone but your own kind.
I flip off any non sport bike rider I see. And if I notice they have a 1% crap give them the 2 finger. I think you will notice they pay more att to you after that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll waive at all types of motos (and anyone who drive a BMW M3 and a stock clean 300zx :D simply because i own them) anyways, i always get waived back from all sorts of motos. I guess it depends where you're from. Only once have i been flicked off by a cruiser. I just laugh and carry on.

Sometimes when a group is approaching me i'll just leave my hand out the entire time lol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got the wave and the nod today and I wasn't even on my bike :)!

I'd already parked and was walking into work so I had my motorbike jacket on and was carrying my helmet and as a bike was coming to a stop at a set of traffic lights the rider obviously saw what I was wearing and so gave me the nod and wave, which of course I returned.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just wave. Seriously, there isn't a crazy secret code or anything. Some people are jerks and won't wave to someone who doesn't ride the same style bike as they do.

Other times people simply didn't see or were occupied with what was in front of them and can't react fast enough.

Wave at everyone you can. Wave however you want to wave. Wave to people on the side of the road, to police, firefighters and parameds. Wave to people in cars if you're in a particular chipper mood. It's a nice thing to do so it will never hurt anyone unless you are waving when you should be waving, such as in a turn or in heavy traffic.

The one thing that makes me prefer the downward wave over the arm bent up is that it's easy to look like you're signalling right.

Personally I like a military style salute. Shows respect. Giving respect will gain respect and will never lose you respect. Win win.

I'm currently riding an '85 Honda Aero 80, i get waves from all kinds of bikes and I wave to everyone I pass as long as I can do so safely.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Around here it seems the Harley guys don't wave but everyone else does

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
i wave to everyone, vespas as well.

what we really need, is for riders to know we ride when we're in our cages. i would love to start a trend where when in our cars, we do a sign to let the riders know we ride as well. lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts