Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently doing a rebuild on the water pump on my 2014 ninja 300 since I need to replace the mechanical seal in it and removed the whole thing 馃槄. I've already ordered a new mech seal and oil seal. But I can't seem to find what size the 2 bearings are that go inside the water pump. I finally found the part number (I think) by noticing the bearing in the clutch cover plate looks the same. But would like to know the bearing size so maybe I would have to wait so long for delivery and wouldn't have to pay $30 for 2 small bearings..

Registered
look for SparkyMJ's post from earlier this Spring about the water pump and a seal in there that you can't buy separately. I ended up just replacing my entire water pump. It comes completely assembled and makes for an easy install. all you need extra are the 2 water pipe o rings.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow didnt think someone would reply so fast! I've been using this forum for years learning a lot 馃槄. I do all the work on my bike myself, idk why I never tried actually posting something probably would saved me from many frustrations and time lol.

That actually was the post I read right before posting this one lol. Earlier on this morning I went ahead and read a bunch more of @SparkyMJ 's post since the one you are talking about was really informative. The mechanical seal I ordered should be arriving today so we'll see if it's just the seal or more. I currently don't have the $250 to replace the whole pump.
The pump is one of a few things I'm working on atm. I wasn't thinking about it when I pulled out the water pump and oil started going everywhere. I was needing an oil change anyway so drained the oil and noticed a bunch of small cracks on the bottom of my oil pan.
Luckily I have an old one from my prior 300. (Which is now all parts since it had gotten stolen, the recovered by the police 5 or so months later, picked it up from the impound wiring all jacked up, etc.)
Got the gasket for the pan on the way with new plug.
Lastly since the pump and oil pan already being removed I went ahead and clean and detail the whole area and and also changed out my clutch plates 馃榾.

Registered
Glad you found my post about my water pump adventure earlier this season, lol. I had the mechanical seal leak as well, with coolant coming out the pump weep hole. I got it apart, and just found the rebuild to not make sense, given what parts are available on the parts fiche. Lame.

I got the new pump in and all runs great. I've still got my old pump parts laying around, but I didn't pry out the mech seal or other bits, they are just sitting in my box....

Hope that and this helps, good luck on the work! New clutch plates is a good feeling. I also flooded my garage with oil when I pulled my pump out, lol.

My 300 is still sitting in my garage after I low-sided at the track a few weeks ago, need to figure out what is vibrating like heck when I roll around....

-Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so here's the update so far with pictures of some before and after detail cleaning. I'm currently still waiting on my water pump and oil pan gasket.. delay from the manufacturer :(.. so I took it upon myself to remove the swingarm entirely and clean the rocker arm, swingarm, bushings, etc. The needle bearings looked crazy!! Once I get the gaskets I'll upload more pictures of that process as well as update further. So far it seems like partzilla will get them on the 11th. From there 1-3 business days til I recieve them.
Wood Gas Bicycle part Metal Auto part

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fluid Rim Automotive wheel system

Bicycle part Wood Rim Material property Auto part

Kitchen utensil Wood Tableware Musical instrument Metal

Food Automotive tire Ingredient Cuisine Dish

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Tread

Natural material Wood Tableware Art Metal

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas Rim Tints and shades

Automotive lighting Tints and shades Auto part Wood Metal

Wood Electric blue Circle Close-up Metal

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So came across the same issue sparkmj had when he ordered a mechanical seal..... mine didn't come with the oil seal. Does anyone have a link of where I can get either the just the oil seal or a mech/oil seal combo. Also, I think I'm going to have to temporarily re-use the bearings inside the water pump. Till I can just order a whole new pump like y'all did. My bike is my commuter/only vehicle, so not having it up and running is rough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts