Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first bike and the one I ended up selling after I purchased the ninja 300 was a 2006 Vulcan 500. Overall I really liked the bike, however, it was extremely bulky for a mid displacement cruiser in my opinion and it was extremely cold blooded and messing with the choke every startup made me decided never to purchase a carbureted bike again. On the other hand it had pretty awesome low and mid range power since the same engine as the ninja 500 was used, it was really stable on the highway and it was dirt cheap on insurance for my first bike. With all that being said I'm happy I made the switch to the sportier side of motorcycles and the ninja 300 has surpassed all my expectations. So has anyone else started on a cruiser and eventually made the switch?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had one of these years ago. It was a pretty good bike. Had the reliable single engine, same as the Ninja 500 as I recall. I think they stopped making it in 2009. Since they were able to sell well, that, along with a bunch of other bikes like the GZ250, Rebel, and Virago 250 remained unchanged for years. They make a good beginner bike because of the low seat height, upright position, and simple, cheap technology. Once I rode a sport bike, that was the end of the cruisers.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
One of our guys wife actually started on a ZX6E, went to a Hawk GT, over to a Vulcan 500, back to a VTR250, then to a 250 Ninjer, and is back on the Vulcan 500. In her case, she just likes the "fit" and mid range of the V-5 for how and where she rides.
All our other guys started with 600 and are now on liter bikes, except one, who is all into the Cafe Racer scene. (1972-79 stuff)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts