Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just stumbled upon this, Volo Lights, any thoughts on this?

They haven't launched the product and hoping for community funding.
How it works
Deceleration by any method greater than 16 f/s2 and less than 23 f/s2 is defined as Aggressive braking. Both signal lights will flash at 2 Hz.

Deceleration by any method greater than 23 f/s2 is defined as Emergency braking. Both signal lights will flash at 5Hz. How did we decide on the threshold? We chose the same values as most major Antilock Braking Systems (ABS) engage in dry conditions.
I am not affiliated with this product/company. Just wanted to share it and get whatever thoughts you guys have :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Definitely a pretty cool idea, although people would have to become accustomed to gauging how fast a bike is slowing based upon the frequency of the flashing brake lights. Usually they're just used to grab attention.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks interesting. Though, I have the brake light modulator already.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks interesting. Though, I have the brake light modulator already.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
It seems this mounts with your license plate. Extra lighting to prevent getting reared, sounds good. I just hope the price isn't over 100$ because it does look like a good investment.

·
Banned
277 Posts
I think the last think you need is someone behind you trying to figure out why your brake lights aren't normal, ultimately risking them plowing in to you by accident.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
very interesting idea thats for sure. be interesting to see how it goes on the back of a bike. in all honesty we could have a brake light the size of a barn door on the back of a bike & there is still people who wouldn’t see it

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you look at the kick starter it's $79 I believe.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Possibly a great idea to reduce rear-end accidents: Vololights

Saw this the other day (not sure how I got there): http://vololights.com

They were funded by Kickstarter. Has an accelerometer in the plate frame that blinks according to your rate of deceleration -- be it engine braking, or brake braking.

Not shipping yet, but apparently are supposed to start shipping pre-orders early Feb. I though I saw.

Could certainly be useful, especially for the 300 that seems to have rather severe engine braking.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is why whenever I do slow down, I have the front brake activated JUST slightly so the brake light does come on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Bought this through kickstarter

I Loved the idea and so i backed them
I have it with me right now the problem I am having though is finding a place to plug it in, I do not want to cut/strip the break lighting cable but i just may have to in order to install it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts