Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

visor foging DIY

9K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  GHill762 
#1 ·
Now that it is getting cold out I fig id post this DIY on keeping your visor from foging up.

Step 1: Get some shaving cream.
Step 2: Add a little to the visor.
Step 3: Clean it off as you rub it in.
Step 4: put it back on and your done.

Note I have only used the shaving cream in the picture for doing this as other creams may not work due to them having other stuff add to them. Also works good for the bathroom mirror.

Attachments

See less See more
#20 ·
I use a lint free cloth, and either shampoo or liquid body wash. Both work as anti fog really well, a small pinky nail size does the entire visor. Dab on, smear in. Then another cloth to clean it all up. Check it out in your bathroom mirror first. Last a long time. Plus you probably already have it in your house.

#21 ·
fogging eyes glasses, and rain obstructing my vision

Hello, all! I went riding around my area for about twenty minutes in the rain while it was very humid. I usually wear my glasses under my helmet and I experienced them getting fogged up which messed with my vision. So, I decided to take the glasses off but experienced my visor being obstructed by the rain. I was forced to ride with the visor up but the rain was hitting my face pretty hard. Anyway, is there a way I can prevent my glass from fogging up under my helmet and is their a spray I can use to have the rain just roll off my visor?

#22 ·
Depending on your helmet you could buy Pinlock Anti-Fog shield, these things work very well.

#28 ·
RainX works wonders on your shield. The drops just slide off.
They also make an anti fog for the inside which would probably work well on your glasses.

I also highly recommend Lasik. I was an early adopter. I had gotten fiberglass in my one eye and after I healed, I could not wear contacts for more than 2 hours. Its been around 20 years now and I still have 20/20 vision

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.