Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to buy some riding gear for my wife, when I realized how limited the choices are if you're a woman! grrrrr 馃槻

I realize there's likely quite a bit fewer female riders, but jeez: the choices are VERY limited.

And for some strange reason, most seem to expect a woman to wear a helmet, wear a proper riding jacket, and MAYBE some gloves: it appears for pants and shoes, the choices are even further limited.
Do most woman really just ride with normal pants/jeans and normal sneakers?

Registered
when they're on the back of a Harley I never see any gear! (except for maybe the occasional 1/2 or 3/4 open face helmet).

I agree with the lack of choice..I've looked for items for my wife, too, and the choices are very limited. Guess it's a good thing she won't go riding with me

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my wife interested in getting the MC license (finally!), only to realize that PA stopped its Motorcycle Safety Course program back in April, and with no apparent plan to reinstate it.... :(
(not quite sure how COVID-19 really could impact the course attendees and instructors though, but oh well....)

Super Moderator
It's true, our gear choices are greatly reduced, but they're out there. Sadly, even with what we have now, it's a huge improvement in both selection and safety to what was available 7 years ago. At one time, we had what didn't even qualify as budget gear as far as features, but what priced on the higher end - basically they took crap gear, made it in pink, and slapped a flower on it. Now, if you look around, you can find something for everyone. My favorite everyday jacket is my Olympia Expedition; my favorite pants are also the Expedition. I'm also rather fond of my Bull-It jeans. For serious shenanigans, I have Rev-It Xena leather pants and a leather Alpinestars Stella GP Plus jacket. My gloves are Alpinestars Stella SP v2 and I have both Dainese Sirens (since discontinued) and Sidi Vertigo boots. Women's helmets are plentiful, buy I love my Shoei RF-1200.

If she, or you, have questions, just ask.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
At least nice to hear they are improving the selection for woman these days! 馃憤 馃憤

We ended up with [what appears] some decent stuff, based on reviews. As I did myself when I started out, we went with budget gear that has good reviews and decent protection.
For her, we ended up buying from Amazon and Revzilla. Some ScorpionEXO ZION pants and a ScorpionEXO Dominion jacket, and some TCX Sport Boots. Gloves are generic (same as mine) and helmet is ILM. The helmet may be an issue, we'll see....might just be a bit 'too cheap'.

The jacket might be upgraded with a separately purchased Cortech Women's SAS-TEC Back Pad.... which costs almost as much as the whole jacket itself! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts