3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,,

i am a new rider and planning to buy kawasaki ninja300..but
i have a very important question..

- is it a good for long riding..
e.g. 600 km in one day?

i know that a big bike like 650 or 1000 is better than 300cc :p
but the important thing that i am looking for is the ability of 300cc to finish any long ride as well as the big bike can..without hurting the engine.. :confused:

and what is the maximum range of ninja 300 in one day without hurting the engine.. :)

i hope you understand me because my English is not very well to explain what i want :eek:

thank you very much :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
hi guys,,

i am a new rider and planning to buy kawasaki ninja300..but
i have a very important question..

- is it a good for long riding..
e.g. 600 km in one day?

i know that a big bike like 650 or 1000 is better than 300cc :p
but the important thing that i am looking for is the ability of 300cc to finish any long ride as well as the big bike can..without hurting the engine.. :confused:

and what is the maximum range of ninja 300 in one day without hurting the engine.. :)

i hope you understand me because my English is not very well to explain what i want :eek:

thank you very much :)

Bigger CC's doesn't make a bike BETTER, it's all in preference of the owner which they like. I personally LOVE my 300. That being said, a 300 can make just as long of trips as any other bike. A bike's engine size doesn't make it more capable of higher mileage, it's just a bigger engine. Hope this helps.

Reactions: FDZ

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Not too long ago, 1000cc bikes were rare monsters. People were touring on bikes ours size or less and a hell of a lot less efficient doing it. They weighed more and made a lot less power. The 300 shouldn't have any issues seeing as people were doing it just last year on their 250s.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
And these twin motor configurations have been around for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages too. As long as you can keep fuel going in, you will have noise coming out. I have no doubt you could run these motors endlessly for quite some time, like weeks or months even as long as rpm was varied and it would have absolutely no probs. Near bulletproof mate.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I would get worn out long before my bike does. Just because the engine isn't as big or powerful doesn't mean it can't keep going for a long time.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much for helping me..
there is one more questione..

is the noise of engine ,when you ride at highway roads at about 140km.h, making any problem for me..?

Any one try to keep riding hours 140km.h or about without any probem with engine highsound?

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
The stock exhaust on the bike is very quiet. You will only hear the wind once you get up to those speeds. I ride 80MPH+ (128KPH) just commuting to work every morning. I have the leo vince slipon exhaust which is much louder and it doesn't bother me at all. Still not as loud as the supersports with their tricked out exhausts.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Thank you very much for helping me..
there is one more questione..

is the noise of engine ,when you ride at highway roads at about 140km.h, making any problem for me..?

Any one try to keep riding hours 140km.h or about without any probem with engine highsound?
You should be wearing a good fitting set of earplugs when you ride anyways. Especially when you are going long range.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
You guys have some seriously sensitive ears. Wind and engine noise are no louder than the music at a concert or when cutting the grass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You guys have some seriously sensitive ears. Wind and engine noise are no louder than the music at a concert or when cutting the grass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
And I wear plugs for both of those too. As a musician and music lover, I can't imagine life without my hearing. Being an ex-crew chief and helicopter aircrew member, I have always worn double hearing protection and my hearing has STILL gone down. A lawn mower and most concerts are still loud enough to cause damage to hearing over time. Hell, in a concert, most of the musicians on stage have their own ear plugs in as well and they only have monitors aimed at them and not the full PA system. The wind noise alone from riding at speeds above 50 mph is enough to cause hearing damage over a relatively long period of time. Riding longer than say 30 minutes without ear plugs could cause damage to the ear and affect your upper or lower range without you even realizing it yet. When you get tinnitus, that's when you have pretty much gone over the edge of recovery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a very important info. For me..
I can't thank you enouph..

I will get these plugs to save my ears..

Thank you again and again..

Any more info. will be welcome :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
As far as the decibel level, it's not always the volume that does the damage, it's the length of time that you are hearing the sound. The way your ears work when a sound is "heard"is for the drum to vibrate and send the signal to your brain. The longer it vibrates, the more the risk for damage. Remember too that hearing loss doesn't necessarily happen all at once, but more commonly a little at a time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
The other day I was cruising at 150kmh on my 300 and the temperature light came on, I had to drop to 130 then the light went off... I think I was abusing it at that speed

·
Registered
394 Posts
The other day I was cruising at 150kmh on my 300 and the temperature light came on, I had to drop to 130 then the light went off... I think I was abusing it at that speed
I'd check your cooling system levels and engine oil. There is a ton of air to cool the radiator at that speed.

You should be able to run it fast without any issues. Plenty of Ninjas run WOT and high RPMs on the track for extended periods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts