Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had very mixed feelings on putting this luggage rack and trunk on my bike because of the way it would look, but it actually doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought and its function / space over looks really. It's nice sized to, holds 2 full face helmets.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
FARK!!!!

Look at the size of that thing. Its bigger then what i had as a top box on the back of my K1200LTSE

can you pls give us better photos of how the box is attached to the rack, if you do that i can add this to our sticky thread of knowledge, thanks

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
And they thought my wee 37 litre top case was large :)

I am jealous!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For commuting and trips, I needs me some space, I will post better pics of how its mounted. I really like it and it doesn't make the bike look as bad as I thought it would. I can easily remove it when I don't need it to, this ventura rack system rocks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the top case club lol
Here's mine http://imgur.com/a/ohWVK#0

I wish there were top cases bigger than 55L and has a narrow rectangular form factor.
Guess I just need to look into side case solutions now...
Wow yours looks great man, I like how you mounted it to the pillion seat.
I use my back seat daily though so no can do for me, my daughter rides to and from school on it with me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FARK!!!!

Look at the size of that thing. Its bigger then what i had as a top box on the back of my K1200LTSE

can you pls give us better photos of how the box is attached to the rack, if you do that i can add this to our sticky thread of knowledge, thanks

Here are the pictures of how its mounted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the top case club lol
Here's mine http://imgur.com/a/ohWVK#0

I wish there were top cases bigger than 55L and has a narrow rectangular form factor.
Guess I just need to look into side case solutions now...
Sammy,
I like the look of that because you've managed to keep the weight well forward. Could you post some photos of how you mounted your top case.
What type of top case is it, Monokey or Monolock?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I was completely lost for a week from the time I purchased the bike to when my rackand top case were installed. Don't knock the usefulness of the top case until you have tried it! LOL

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Here are the pictures of how its mounted.

nice work.
let me give you a small tip about ventura racks.

see those 2 big bolts that screw in to hold the rack on, the ones with the holes on the out side

they vibrate lose after a while, no matter how tight you do them up.

im waiting for my 12 month warranty to run out on my ventura rack , & then i will do the same to this ventura rack as what i have done to every other one i have owned & my friends have owned as well.

undo the 2 bolts and grab a centre punch and give it a good whack where the bolts go thru & mark the steel rack

then remove the top U part of the rack and put it in a pedestal drill and drill a hole slightly bigger then the bolt right where you just marked it with the centre punch, so instead of the bolt screwing in and pressing against the side of the "U" part the bolts actually go THRU the rack and it will never come out our work its way loose, EVER!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Cruzin is right, my round bolts did the same on my 2008....vibrated loose every year. And they rust!

That is the main reason why I went with SW Motech instead of Ventura with the 2013.

·
Registered
208 Posts
um.....thats huge
the first picture doesnt look too big but the side on and rear view ......wow
anyways thanks for the pictures. now i know what not to get. i was looking at something to carry things in but i dont think i need that much space

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
um.....thats huge
the first picture doesnt look too big but the side on and rear view ......wow
anyways thanks for the pictures. now i know what not to get. i was looking at something to carry things in but i dont think i need that much space
yeah it depends on what you need space for I guess, but I wanted enough for commuting with my computer and rain gear, all that good stuff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice work.
let me give you a small tip about ventura racks.

see those 2 big bolts that screw in to hold the rack on, the ones with the holes on the out side

they vibrate lose after a while, no matter how tight you do them up.

im waiting for my 12 month warranty to run out on my ventura rack , & then i will do the same to this ventura rack as what i have done to every other one i have owned & my friends have owned as well.

undo the 2 bolts and grab a centre punch and give it a good whack where the bolts go thru & mark the steel rack

then remove the top U part of the rack and put it in a pedestal drill and drill a hole slightly bigger then the bolt right where you just marked it with the centre punch, so instead of the bolt screwing in and pressing against the side of the "U" part the bolts actually go THRU the rack and it will never come out our work its way loose, EVER!
Thanks for the tip, I did put blue locktite on them because I was worried they would vibrate lose, but I'll keep checking them often.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What you couldn't get one of those BRP Can-Am Trailers to mount up there?
J/K I certainly miss not having proper storage. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts