Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone imported a slip on made for the 300 from the US! We have a few guys out here with the yosh 250 slip ons and they bolt straight up! But they don't fit the US bikes without mods! Are the pipes different? Will the US yosh slip on fit the Aussie bike?

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
the only difference im aware between the us and aussie bike is the exhaust system.the ecu software i assume would be different but not confirmed.

the rear hangers are the same so the usa 300 exhaust slipon will fit the aussie 300 no dramas.

Euro and Aussie bikes normally have an O2 sensor where the US model does NOT.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
At first it was questionable because most of the world had FI 250R's while the USA had carb'ed 250R's. The part number for the headers on these two bikes was different.

Since then more people have tried it and it looks like the output on the 250R is pretty much same as the 300. The difference is the mounting location at the rear peg.

I installed my stock 300 exhaust onto my 250R alone with the rear pegs and it fit like it was designed for it.. There is no way the 300 exhaust would of worked with the 250R exhaust though..

That beign said, it all comes down to there are certain 250R exhaust just luckily fir the 300.. And 250R exhaust could fit the 300 if you swap over the rear pegs or use a 250R exhaust bracket..

·
Registered
134 Posts
There's some joke potential here.

Q: What do you get when you put an American muffler on an Aussie bike?

A: Don't really know, but it sounds like a Kiwi!

:)

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.