Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah group rides usually end poorly. I usually ride alone, and if I am riding with others, it's usually the closest homies, and I can usually talk to them on bluetooth coms. Helps talk things through and calm people down if needed, and warn people in the ride of hazards. I probably do max of 3 total riders in a group ride.

But yeah, those are usually not great, at least with other sport bike riders. Good call.

-Mike

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@Rapido1 So I did adjust my TPS. I couldn't get my voltmeter on the STP sensor, but it wasn' throwing a code so I presume it was calibrated enough for the bike to run its self-calibrate every time the engine runs.

Anyhow! I adjusted the TPS and it is so much better! I can really crack the throttle open the tiniest amount possible and it's fantastic. Wow! I think the twitchyness might still be there maybe 5% if it was there 100% before the adjustment. I went through the diagnostic mode to set the TPS, and man it was a pain. The most tiny adjustment is way too far an adjustment immediately, and after you tighten the set screw to lock the sensor in place, it just gets out of adjustment in the direction that makes the throttle twitchy....

Either way, I got it either spot on or super close. Maybe it could be a hair more in the right direction and it really would be flawless. I'll keep riding it and getting used to the new fixed throttle and maybe I will find that the leftover twitch is just my wrist, lol.

Fun times. I genuinely find the bike much more controllable now! Definitely helps riding in the wet, and just with the general finesse.

Good call on the TPS!
-Mike

21 - 23 of 23 Posts