Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great group on this site.

Seems to me that the only thing missing is our own "Ninja 300 Lexicon".

I'll go first:

"Nidiot" (noun)

Definition: A rider that lane splits to get ahead at traffic lights then tries to launch with the bike in neutral.

Ok... your turn.

·
Registered
839 Posts
"Squid"

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tires are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds itself with the fact that they engage in 'extreme riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck a lot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

·
Registered
839 Posts
"Stunta"

Modern sport bike rider who performs stunts in public. Frowned upon by responsible riders. A motorcycle rider who may or may not be able to do stunts on his bike, but lacks the judgement of when and where to do them.

·
Registered
839 Posts
"Tank-Slapper"

A rapid side-to-side oscillation of the front wheel of a motorcycle, where the handlebars literally 'slap' the gas tank due to insufficient road grip on the front tire.

·
Registered
547 Posts
"Tank-Slapper"

A rapid side-to-side oscillation of the front wheel of a motorcycle, where the handlebars literally 'slap' the gas tank due to insufficient road grip on the front tire.
Isn't this already a genuine term?
When exiting a corner typically on a track under hard acceleration and the fuel on the tank slaps onto the side of the tank from the forces and then hits the otherside forcing the bike to wobble?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Dunno, I just posted it because it was a term I knew. I didn't know if it was technical term or slang for it..

·
Registered
301 Posts
"Squid"

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tires are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds itself with the fact that they engage in 'extreme riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck a lot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

Youuuuu
CHEATER!!! :eek::eek::eek:

You took this directly from Urban Dictionary :rolleyes:
I dont know about the other posts... ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Actually, Cbdzel taught me that one ;)
I asked him when he used the term in a thread one day.

But yes, the actually excerpt was bulled from Urban, as well as the others ;)

·
Registered
952 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.