Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few days ago I noticed a massive amount of grime had built up under/inside the fairings of my bike (ride around 100km most days, wet or dry and to dusty/dirty construction sights almost daily) so I decided to take all the fairings off and give it a proper wash. Got all the side/front fairings off after a little head scratching, bathed the bike and each fairing with degreaser, washed, then waxed each bit and put the fairings all back on.

The problem is after I'd finished I found this:
<incest broken link here>

I can't think of anything else it could be off, its a small garage with not much else in it and it was found under where I had the bike parked. I don't know if its from the bike or not. Test rode the bike for around 45min last night and didn't notice anything different about it.

help.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
That link to your pic doesnt show anything mate, only ads. Upload the photo via the "add attachment" button at bottom when you are writing a post, that way we can have a better look. Or upload to an image hosting site.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've never seen that bolt/nut before. It couldn't have come from fairing removal. I've taken mine off over a dozen of times.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Technically it is a carriage bolt and looking at it again the square portion looks a little long for most bumper bolts. What ever it was holding down was thicker than the length of the squared portion or it was used for wood. If you want to find what it goes to just throw it away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.