Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

So ive had my bike for about 3 months now, first 2 months bike was running super smooth with no problems what so ever.
1 day i was teaching my friend bike basics for his license and he dropped it and a whole lot of engine oil came out through the little hole near the air filter, took my air filter out and cleaned it.
Ever since that ive noticed many other issues arise which are really concerning. The bike will now not drop below 1900 - 2000rpms ever after warming up, ive adjusted the idle knob, i can adjust it for rpms to keep going higher, but when i adjust it the other way nothing happens, bike STILL sits at 2000rpm, oil level is fine, im doing an oil change this weekend to see if it makes difference
Bike has become super sluggish from 2000rpm - 3000rpm, the engine almost sounds like its misfiring at times, taking off from first has become a lot harder due to having no power around the 2000rpm and 3000rpm mark, bike feels fine in higher rpms, unsure if its just my mind trying to scare me but almost feels like theres been a slight loss of power. Some times when riding it almost smells like something is burning ??? again not sure if its just my mind playing with me at this point, also in the morning bike starts fine, but after a quick ride and i turn it off and try to turn it back on it can be difficult and need to give it revs as im pressing the starter button for it to start :frown2::frown2:
Could it be the valves are too tight? if so how much does that cost ?
IF NOT what else could it be

General INFO
Ninja 300 ex300 2013 special edition
has a straight pipe with small baffle from previous owner
31000km done

I can add videos later to show the sound of the bike also

·
Registered
246 Posts
Get the throttle cable checked, it may need more slack. Regarding the burning smell, some oil might have dripped on the exhaust when it was dropped & is now burning off. Remember that you are riding a motorcycle so if you smell something burning when riding at speed, its most probably not your bike that is the source(the wind is carrying the smell away too fast for you to notice it), its somebody upwind.

Regards,
Kaustav

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive cleaned the air box, 100% sure its not the throttle cable because you can hear and feel the bike struggling to run smoothly
Spark plugs are fine, the bike starts fine when cold but after riding for a bit and turning the bike off and trying to turn back on straight after is a mission
Its got all the symptoms of a tight valves so im gonna take it into a workshop in a few weeks when i have money to fix it up, until then i shall just cry as i watch her sit in the garage :(

·
Registered
283 Posts
Actually, Ive been experiencing my bike idle at 2k only when its a cold start. After I start riding it goes away after maybe 1/4 a mile. But taking off at stop lights, I feel like sometimes my bike isn't as torquey as it used to be. It could be that my bike is at 7k miles and is approaching that 7.6 mile service but I'm not sure either. First bike, also a 2013 model.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Check the vacuum lines one may have come loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.