Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't believe it...more snow overnight...and plow trucks out spreading salt and sand all over the roads. I usually ride into late November here in Iowa. We rarely have snow before Christmas.

Still haven't done my end of season oil change, brake fluid change or coolant change...I'm NOT READY for SNOW! I'm not ready to end my riding season..hoping for a weather change so we have a few more weeks of decent weather.

Anybody else get blasted with winter weather?

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dry in the northern AZ mountains, but below freezing at night.
Of course Im waiting on parts to come when its still decent riding weather out... Clutch it out and sitting on my desk as we speak.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Brrrrr….this forum is gonna get colder than ever…

I wonder what snow feels like. We don't have that stuff here in South Florida, but we don't have turns either, :(

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
Between the excessive rain & flooding in Iowa, the tornadoes, and now the cold & snow, it’s been a bad year for riding. We had what, 3 weeks of fall-like weather before it plummeted and started snowing?

·
Registered
146 Posts
60's in the Ozarks today! I did a 150 mile-loop to try to catch some of the fall foliage. I missed the peak, but there was still some color there. And check out some new-to-me roads. It was AWESOME!!!:multistars_smilie: A few degrees cooler tomorrow, but still sunny; I've got several appointments throughout the day, so I'll be riding most of the day--unless I wimp out and take Bug for the morning stuff in town, then come back home and get the bike for the trek into The Big City.

·
Registered
146 Posts
can't believe it...more snow overnight...and plow trucks out spreading salt and sand all over the roads. I usually ride into late November here in Iowa. We rarely have snow before Christmas.

Still haven't done my end of season oil change, brake fluid change or coolant change...I'm NOT READY for SNOW! I'm not ready to end my riding season..hoping for a weather change so we have a few more weeks of decent weather.

Anybody else get blasted with winter weather?

I don't miss Iowa at all.:wink:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know! I had to take a photo even though I almost fell on my ass from the ice on the deck.
You be careful, now! We've got less than six weeks to go before the inaugural Ozarks Hot Flash 500 and I don't need you nursing any broken bones!!
I started acupuncture treatments on my poor beat up hands (too many twacked fingers from motorcycle crashes and miscellaneous boneheaded moves over the years), so hopefully they'll be a lot better before you get here!
Supposed to be gorgeous the next two days, then cool/cold and MORE frickin' rain!!! Between the crappy weather and not working due to COVID-19, you'd think I'd be taking advantage of the extra time stuck inside to finish up projects. But I just don't have much motivation; honestly, I don't think anybody does. I did manage to can eight pints of beef broth that had slow cooked for two days, so that's something. I'm really going to try to suck it up and get a couple more projects done so then I'll be ready to start on the outside ones! I bought paint for my back doors and it's time to clean windows. With 23 windows to clean (counting the nine small ones in the back doors as one window), I divide it up over three days or else it's just too exhausting. Believe me, I deserve to ride after all that!!! ?

Reactions: Rogue

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
You be careful, now! We've got less than six weeks to go before the inaugural Ozarks Hot Flash 500 and I don't need you nursing any broken bones!!
I started acupuncture treatments on my poor beat up hands (too many twacked fingers from motorcycle crashes and miscellaneous boneheaded moves over the years), so hopefully they'll be a lot better before you get here!
Supposed to be gorgeous the next two days, then cool/cold and MORE frickin' rain!!! Between the crappy weather and not working due to COVID-19, you'd think I'd be taking advantage of the extra time stuck inside to finish up projects. But I just don't have much motivation; honestly, I don't think anybody does. I did manage to can eight pints of beef broth that had slow cooked for two days, so that's something. I'm really going to try to suck it up and get a couple more projects done so then I'll be ready to start on the outside ones! I bought paint for my back doors and it's time to clean windows. With 23 windows to clean (counting the nine small ones in the back doors as one window), I divide it up over three days or else it's just too exhausting. Believe me, I deserve to ride after all that!!! ?
I am so tentative on my vacation right now because of the lockdown in India. I'm short 2 project managers and 3 scrum masters - there's me and 2 other people dividing their work, plus all of ours. Right now we're being told we can't play on taking time off until mid-June at the earliest. :-( I know I'm very blessed 1) to still have a job during all of this; and 2) to not have any friends or family diagnosed with the virus. Still, I'd really appreciate it if everyone would just stay home so this pain the butt could flatten out and we all get back to living a normal life.

I'm still trying, though!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Frost and freeze in the Ozarks, heated gear on the bike yesterday. Enough is enough!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts