Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a brand new ninja 300 about 60 miles on the thing. Today I've noticed my turn signals aren't working what so ever. The indicator lights on the dash don't even turn on. Have any of you experienced this problem or anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes a fuse if neither turn signal works. If one side does not work and the dashboard displays a solid lit light rather than a blinking light, it is a short or damaged wire that needs to be found and replaced...or of course a burned out bulb. It might be just a faulty or loose fuse cause I have never had a fuse burn out. It will be covered under warranty whatever it is.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have you removed the fairings before? If so, did you reconnect the harnesses to the signals? If you haven't removed the fairings, did they work when you took delivery of the bike? If not, the dealer didn't properly PDI the bike and if you paid an assbly fee, I'd demand it back.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a brand new ninja 300 about 60 miles on the thing. Today I've noticed my turn signals aren't working what so ever. The indicator lights on the dash don't even turn on. Have any of you experienced this problem or anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.
easy fix. when you bought the bike you got a 1 year warranty with it unless you also bought the 4 year extended warranty.take it back to your nearest kwaka dealer and let them sort it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah just wanted to update the situation for future reference. The fuse was blown so we replaced it and it blew right sways. Turns out there's a bad ground somewhere. Kawasaki will have a fun time figuring this out

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another update for reference. Turns out it was more than faulty ground. It was a the whole assembly including my rear light. Won't get the bike till next weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
bound to have glitches with the new design, but with the warranty do not try to solve these 'simple' issues on your own, take to dealer and have them look, to easy to pull something apart and 'void' parts of the warranty ;) still waiting 25k miles to upgrade my Civic Si... once the warranty expired I will be knee deep in it myself

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went to ride home from work late last night. Started my bike, done all my usual pre riding checks..brake lights, indicators etc...left indicators are both working fine, but my right indicator the front one turns on and stays solid and the right does not light up at all, the indicator light on the dash also stays light up. Back to the dealership, ill let them figure it out while im still under warranty.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Went to ride home from work late last night. Started my bike, done all my usual pre riding checks..brake lights, indicators etc...left indicators are both working fine, but my right indicator the front one turns on and stays solid and the right does not light up at all, the indicator light on the dash also stays light up. Back to the dealership, ill let them figure it out while im still under warranty.
Check your right rear indicator bulb. It is more than likely blown.

Most cars and bikes have a simple circuit in the electronics to either flash the indicators faster, or not at all when you have a blown bulb. My car is the same, when my right front indicator goes (which it does very frequently) the right rear does not flash and the indicator light on the dash stays illuminated.

Its simply an easy way for the vehicle to give input back to the operator when something is not right. This is why when people put the LED indicators in, they either have a fast flash rate or do not flash at all, as there is not enough power drawn by the LED to register to the electrical circuit that something is drawing a current. So in the electrical circuits opinion, something is blown and you get the resulting fast or no flash until a replacement flasher unit that can pickup on the load is installed. Not saying you have LED indicators, just an example to further the point.

Check the bulb of the indicator that is not flashing. You more than likely have a blown bulb or fuse that corresponds to that bulb/side.

My bet is on the blown bulb........

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Check your right rear indicator bulb. It is more than likely blown.

Most cars and bikes have a simple circuit in the electronics to either flash the indicators faster, or not at all when you have a blown bulb. My car is the same, when my right front indicator goes (which it does very frequently) the right rear does not flash and the indicator light on the dash stays illuminated.

Its simply an easy way for the vehicle to give input back to the operator when something is not right. This is why when people put the LED indicators in, they either have a fast flash rate or do not flash at all, as there is not enough power drawn by the LED to register to the electrical circuit that something is drawing a current. So in the electrical circuits opinion, something is blown and you get the resulting fast or no flash until a replacement flasher unit that can pickup on the load is installed. Not saying you have LED indicators, just an example to further the point.

Check the bulb of the indicator that is not flashing. You more than likely have a blown bulb or fuse that corresponds to that bulb/side.

My bet is on the blown bulb........

a small fix for all of this after your replace the bulb is upgrade the stock flasher relay to a "tridon hd12pac" it will flash the same rate if a bulb is blown or LED used or what ever, it doesn’t care.its an electro-mechanical unit, very solid. i payed $15 for mine

·
Registered
1 Posts
i Had the same issue, that the left turn signal didn't work.
the front left didn't work, and left at the back was lighting up constant, same in the dashbord.

my problem was laying at the harness, inside the harness the metal wasn't touching each other so i adjusted it and then it worked all fine.

hope this can help some.

version. ninja 300 2014 abs
450 miles old

1 - 17 of 17 Posts