Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2013 Ninja 300 as my first bike. Today while coming to a stop down a slight hill the bike stalled. Normally it fires right up, this time i tried for about 30sec and it just turned over but wouldn't start. I rolled it to the curb and it fires up almost immediately. Any ideas why it did this?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Did you cycle the ignition or kill switches, or just hit the starter (both after the stall and after rolling to the curb)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ensure the clutch was pulled in all the way? I usually pull the clutch in with 2 fingers 'til it reaches my knuckles when coming to a stop. The bike won't start with the clutch at my knuckles, it needs to be in all the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you ensure the clutch was pulled in all the way? I usually pull the clutch in with 2 fingers 'til it reaches my knuckles when coming to a stop. The bike won't start with the clutch at my knuckles, it needs to be in all the way.
Yup, I've tried everything. Oy way is to cycle the key or wait a minute.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oy way is to cycle the key or wait a minute.
In my car, once it has been started, the starter motor is locked out until the ignition keyswitch is cycled.
Might just be "system operating as designed". Depending on the reason for stalling, the fuel might get cut-off until engine cycled. I think most tip switches tend to work on that logic to avoid flooding a knocked down hot bike with gasoline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts