Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cover for the top triple with clip-ons.
Anyone know where I can get one in the US?
Carbon Fiber would be best, aluminum maybe but would prefer not to have a 'decal'.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm not very familiar with clip ons. I understand they are a more race style of handlebar. Why are they called clip ons? Do they actually clip on? Does that mean there aren't any bolts holding them on? It seems prettu risky for your handle bars to be held on by only a clip.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I'm not very familiar with clip ons. I understand they are a more race style of handlebar. Why are they called clip ons? Do they actually clip on? Does that mean there aren't any bolts holding them on? It seems pretty risky for your handle bars to be held on by only a clip.
the o/p wasn’t talking clipon at all, but there is some info here, the o/p wants a cover for the triple clamp

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/8-ninja-300-general-discussion/2605-people-clip-ons-chime.html

clipon dont "clip on" as suck they bolt on to the forks. its just a "term" that’s used ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not seen any but im sure they are available , dont forget if there is ones available for the ninja 250, they will fit the 300 as well
I've looked for both and can't find any. I've seen them on other bikes, just can't find them for sale. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Sato clip ons do a great job keeping the 250/300 top clamp looking clean and function better than the woodcraft since they don't interfere with the triple clamp.
Aren't these clip ons the same function as the stock bars except they allow you to see the ends of the forks? Do these clip ons lower/heighten the bar height?

I like the looks of them. Where did you get those from?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Aren't these clip ons the same function as the stock bars except they allow you to see the ends of the forks? Do these clip ons lower/heighten the bar height?

I like the looks of them. Where did you get those from?
They change the geometry and are movable so the rider can get a custom fit. And since the bars are separate pieces if you go down you just have to buy a bar and not a whole handlebar. Mostly the reason why racers use them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They change the geometry and are movable so the rider can get a custom fit. And since the bars are separate pieces if you go down you just have to buy a bar and not a whole handlebar. Mostly the reason why racers use them.
Awesome, so do you know where you would get these from?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not that much of an eyesore.
Not that big a deal.
Just wanted one that would cover the whole top including the holes for the mounting hardware. This shouldn't be more than a $20 fix.

Thanks for the suggestions.
The search continues.

Attachments

·
Banned
277 Posts
If that's all you want then just buy some 3m di-NOC and apply it to the top of the clamp.

Or fill the holes with bondo/filler (easily removable) and then repainting the clamp.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts