Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
LOL at the rev instead of blinker. Sometimes you run across people who don't speak your language. You were using MSF sign language and he only understands fast and the furious sign language thinking you meant race and rev instead of blinker.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pointed that out to a dickhead riding his bike around the park (illegally) where I was walking the dog yesterday. "Don't worry 'bout it bro." CBF going out of my way to point it out anymore. However it's a handy indicator (pun intended) of how much time the rider has been riding.

·
Super Moderator
2,535 Posts
This is one reason i always double tap that shit off after a turn/lane change. You lose 1 point of coolness each second those blinkers stay on after you make that turn/lane change.
:laugh2: Thanks for the laugh!

For a number of reasons I'm usually riding behind my husband, mostly because his bike has 150hp and he likes to open it up sometimes and, well, Ninja 300... I'll frequently have to hit the intercom button on my Sena and remind him to turn off his blinker. He's been riding for over 35 years. I usually phrase it something like "Are we turning into this corn field because I don't think that's a great idea." :smile2:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It can be potentially dangerous as the rider as well as it's telling the world false intentions. People may do something absolute retarded due to seeing the intention to turn when it's not actually there. If you left your left turn signal on, you may end up having a driver coming the opposite way thinking it's okay for him to make his left since you're also turning left and you get an introduction to the profile of a car. I always make sure to push the turn signal into a couple times just to make sure and so far it's all worked out great.

That guy was a complete tool and none of the hand signals you made are generally synonymous with wanting to race. Hell, usually when someone points at the bike it usually means there's something completely wrong and catastrophic going on that you can't see and you really need to pull over and check it out. From what I have always known and been taught and told, if you see someone pulling up beside you and pointing at your bike, you need to immediately start paying attention to what comes next. I've known of people have all kinds of crazy crap happen their their bike mid-ride and many times it was another rider or motorist motioning and pointing at the problem that's saved their asses or prevented further damage.

·
Registered
157 Posts
In Australia most of us.. we open and close our hand. like its blinking. usually does the trick

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe I should've opened and closed my fist slower? I was "blinking" with my fist pretty fast because he obviously didn't get a relay or resistors for his LED signals. They were blinking fast as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts