Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a safiest way to put an extra hemet on my bike? with out putting it in a back pack.

Can I take the back seat off and run the strap around it and lock it down.

Im just wondering what the safiest way is to do this because I dont want to lose my helmet flying down the highway. Im only doing this once.

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
I've done that before. You could also get a bungy net and strap it down on top of your rear seat.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I've done that before. You could also get a bungy net and strap it down on top of your rear seat.
Ditto... gotta watch to hooks and body work also..

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Is it not safe to hang it to the side using the hook under the passenger seat?
That would fall off in an instant since it isn't locked in.

As mentioned above, pop the rear seat off. There's hooks on both sides. That you can hook your d ring on your helmet on. Lock the seat back down. Good to go

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
That would fall off in an instant since it isn't locked in.

As mentioned above, pop the rear seat off. There's hooks on both sides. That you can hook your d ring on your helmet on. Lock the seat back down. Good to go
I think you guys are talking about the same thing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres hooks on both sides

So on one side you put the D ring on

But do you just tie the starp on the other side ??

And I would get the net except this is a one time thing

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You want to use a tail bag or a small cargo net to secure the second helmet. You do NOT want to be using the under rear seat D-ring holder to secure the helmet while riding. Should the strap or D-ring fail, it can fall underneath the wheel and cause an crash. Also the helmet hooks don't hold the helmet down securely and the helmet would bounce around and roll around. You have cargo hooks underneath the rear seat on both sides that'll take tie downs from a small cargo net just fine and that will hold your helmet down securely. It even says in the manual to never use the helmet locks underneath the seat to secure a helmet while the motorcycle is in motion.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
It even says in the manual to never use the helmet locks underneath the seat to secure a helmet while the motorcycle is in motion.
correct, if you do it while in motion there goes the paint work off the fairing, its to be used then the bike is parked.

i would use a backpack or cargo net

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yes we were.

Now I'm interested to know what Koreo thought I meant :)
I think he thought you were referring to the tie down hooks under the tail/fender, not the helmet hooks under the seat.

There are 4 hooks on this bike at the back, two under passenger seat, two under the tail/fender.

Still neither of those I would use to put my helmet on whilst in motion. Freelancer and cruizin outlined why perfectly.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts