Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow squids, i took my 2013 ninja 300 on a top speed run the other day topping off at 111. I read somewhere factory hit ~118. What sort of things would i need to change on my bike to reach max speeds? Im gonna change out stock exhaust tomorrow for leo vince gp corsa… but otherwise everything else is stock

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
Most common mods to gain top end speed are pipe, air filter, power commander and gearing changes.
Weight reduction helps a lot too, including the weight of the rider :)
Make sure you tuck in well under the windshield, chin to the tank, butt backwards and knees and elbows in.

I usually read 115. My bike has pipe, air filter and power commander. The engine is stock and so is the gearing.

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
Keep in mind that the size of the rear tire will deviate your real speed from the cluster speed.
I used to have a 150/60 and often see 117 or 118.
Now I ride stock size, 140/70 and see 115.

Also, the times I compared the cluster speed with GPS speed (with stock rear tire size) I found the cluster speed showing 3 or 4 percent more than GPS. So for 115 on the cluster I'd get 112 on the GPS.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep in mind that the size of the rear tire will deviate your real speed from the cluster speed.
I used to have a 150/60 and often see 117 or 118.
Now I ride stock size, 140/70 and see 115.

Also, the times I compared the cluster speed with GPS speed (with stock rear tire size) I found the cluster speed showing 3 or 4 percent more than GPS. So for 115 on the cluster I'd get 112 on the GPS.
Wow there’s alot of factors to it, i think i have a wider rear tire than stock right now and i carry a backpack with me so that could cause some drag

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
^^ Yes, better not get too crazy about it.

For me, the fun is on the corners anyways. Especially on small bikes.
If you have the need for speed, better save your money and upgrade to something bigger when you're ready for it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hello fellow squids, i took my 2013 ninja 300 on a top speed run the other day topping off at 111. I read somewhere factory hit ~118. What sort of things would i need to change on my bike to reach max speeds? Im gonna change out stock exhaust tomorrow for leo vince gp corsa… but otherwise everything else is stock
I don't think that is going to happen without numerous modifications, some of which are more than bolt-ons.

You have to have GPS or something more accurate than the speedo to really know your actual speed. Most are way optimistic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a DID chain and sprocket set and I’m hitting 120. I had 9km miles in the old chain/sprockets and it was topping at 105

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
224 Posts
I'm curious,

Are you guys using the speedometer, or gps?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Could you like the chain and sprocket? After my crash its been shifting a little weird
Did the crash happen to be in the left side? Did you bend the shifter, etc?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did the crash happen to be in the left side? Did you bend the shifter, etc?
It happened in right side but I dropped it on the shifter thing after picking it up and that bent, put a new one on and put new levers on which cuts the amount of slack needed in the clutch lever which could be the issue… but im really confused on why it would hesitate when upshifting when it look’s perfectly fine

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
You have to make sure that the linkage isn't binding up. That both spherical joints are 90 degrees.

Pardon the crude drawing, but you get the point.

Font Bicycle part Circle Auto part Line art

1 - 13 of 13 Posts