Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
So tried again I got 116mph at 12,500 rpm. :D
Based on stock gearing and tire, 115.79mph at 12,500rpm. You mention however that you have a 160/60x17 tire on? Only a small difference, but that puts you at 115.05mph (assuming stock gearing).
Note, tire wear will also (very slightly) affect these numbers. Are you still using stock ratios for the sprockets or have you changed them out?
Sounds like your speedo is freaky accurate, usually you see up to a 10% over-read.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So tried again I got 116mph at 12,500 rpm.
Based on stock gearing and tire, 115.79mph at 12,500rpm. You mention however that you have a 160/60x17 tire on? Only a small difference, but that puts you at 115.05mph (assuming stock
gearing).
Note, tire wear will also (very slightly) affect these numbers. Are you still using stock ratios for the sprockets or have you changed them out?
Sounds like your speedo is freaky accurate, usually you see up to a 10% over-read.
Yes, everything is stock. I will try it again on a freeway. Will hold speed longer and see if its same.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Anyone who is reporting numbers should be quoting a GPS and not the speedo. That ensures the tires/sprockets do not play a factor in the reading. It is also much safer because you can record your data and not have to be looking down at the speedo while trying to hold onto a bike doing 100+ mph.

·
Registered
101 Posts
One of the Magazines said they topped out at 113.

So prior I had hit 110 max on a straightaway and wouldn't budge anymore. Couple of weeks ago, I did an oil change with new filter as well and also replaced the stock air filter with the K&N air filter and took it out for a ride and max I hit was 113.

This is odometer reading, haven't tried it with a GPS yet but will soon and hopefully it can go some more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2014 with a full Brock exhaust, after market air filter and ECU FLASHED running on 93 octane. I hit 118mph in the straight away in 6th gear and I saw 116mph very consistently at the track this weekend!!! This bike pulls very strong. I had a 2013 with a slip on, after market air filter and ECU FLASH at this same track in June of this year and I saw 109mph pretty consistently.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts