Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I somewhat unintentionally dragged my toe while riding. I know this is not safe on public roads & I will be more careful in the future & would not repeat this. I need one small clarification from the more experienced riders here- Is it normal for the sole of the shoe to also drag along with the toe slider? Is my foot position on the peg wrong? While cornering I place my foot on the tip of the peg. I must also mention that the foot peg feeler DID NOT scrape. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kaustav

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah, foot position is definitely wrong. I scape my footpegs (aftermarket rearsets) constantly at the track and my toe sliders remain intact. Your foot is probably angled outward towards the corner.
If your peg feelers weren't scraping then I wouldn't be too concerned, you'll have plenty more grip and clearance available and scraping your toe isn't the end of the world

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yesterday I somewhat unintentionally dragged my toe while riding. I know this is not safe on public roads & I will be more careful in the future & would not repeat this. I need one small clarification from the more experienced riders here- Is it normal for the sole of the shoe to also drag along with the toe slider? Is my foot position on the peg wrong? While cornering I place my foot on the tip of the peg. I must also mention that the foot peg feeler DID NOT scrape. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kaustav
The balls of your feet should be on the pegs. Move your foot to shift/brake and then place it back into position.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, foot position is definitely wrong. I scape my footpegs (aftermarket rearsets) constantly at the track and my toe sliders remain intact. Your foot is probably angled outward towards the corner.
If your peg feelers weren't scraping then I wouldn't be too concerned, you'll have plenty more grip and clearance available and scraping your toe isn't the end of the world
Thanks for your reply.
I actually used to intentionally angle my foot outwards even more because I was worried about banging my knee on the road(no knee sliders of course). I compensated by shifting my body less on the seat, but apparently I am still sticking my foot out too much.

The balls of your feet should be on the pegs. Move your foot to shift/brake and then place it back into position.
I will keep that in mind. Thanks. I like to use my heels to "dig in" during braking & sometimes forget about it.

Regards,
Kaustav

·
Registered
550 Posts
...I will keep that in mind. Thanks. I like to use my heels to "dig in" during braking & sometimes forget about it.

Regards,
Kaustav
If you need to "dig in" during braking, grip the tank with your knees. Most of your braking should be done before the turn, so your knees should still be close to the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts