Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would hope not, that large of a tire is not designed to be on a 4" rim. It will pinch the tire into a very tall/steep profile and could negatively affect handling/braking and tire performance. 150 is generally considered to be perfectly safe (manufacturers will say a 4" rim is okay), 160 is starting to push it but possibly still safe (check with the manufacturer though), but I'm willing to bet no tire manufacturer will tell you it's okay to put a 170 on a 4" rim, for good reason. There are plenty of good tires available in 140-150, there is no reason to go bigger. If you really care that much about pretending your 300 is a supersport, you may have bought the wrong bike...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Why stop at a 170 go for a 200!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If you haven't quite figured it out yet, asking a bunch of anonymous strangers what to do about something relatively absurd is probably not the best thing you can do in life. Will probably shorten your lifespan and shrink your bank account in proportion to the absurdity.

·
Banned
196 Posts
If you haven't quite figured it out yet, asking a bunch of anonymous strangers what to do about something relatively absurd is probably not the best thing you can do in life. Will probably shorten your lifespan and shrink your bank account in proportion to the absurdity.
Agreed. I think people ask because they have a doubt about it but once other people jump on their side their doubts start to go away. He just wants some company!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Get some 150 and be done with it, wow lol. If you want 180 tires buy a ZX-6R

·
Registered
887 Posts
Lol

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts