Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been riding a ninja 300 a bit over a year for now and put 12K KMs into the stock tires, but I have never been really confident with it. Now that winter is coming again (and I'm an all year rider) I want to change to something better. I have read a lot about different tires, but none of them made me sure what I'm really searching for.

What I need is:
A tire that will give me enough confidence and the best performance in twisties
Will perform at least as good in rain as the OEM tires
Will last about 5-6.000KM (the more the better, but if it does 5K I'm already happy)

I've read about the DR2 and the S20 a lot, but do they give me everything I need or is there a better option? A big lean angle is relly important for me, since I'm not only commuting a lot, but also riding a lot of curvy roads and I like to throw my bike into the curves.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I really love the Q3+ tire set for my 300. 150 rear and 110 up front. The rear is dual compound which helps longevity. I get about 10k miles per set, with a large variety of riding. Really great tire to get a knee down on your favorite roads, shred up your local track, and they heat up incredibly fast, which make them safer for commuting and general riding. I use them on all my bikes, since here in Arizona there is not much in the way of rain. But, they work in the rain too, just have common sense and you'll be fine.

The biggest difference youll see is the dunlops feel way better than stock. The stock tires are absolutely rubbish, compared to just about any premium tire manufacturers tire. So almost anything would be an upgrade. If your riding sees a lot of rain though, maybe the Michelins would do you better.

Hope this helps buddy.
-Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really love the Q3+ tire set for my 300. 150 rear and 110 up front. The rear is dual compound which helps longevity. I get about 10k miles per set, with a large variety of riding. Really great tire to get a knee down on your favorite roads, shred up your local track, and they heat up incredibly fast, which make them safer for commuting and general riding. I use them on all my bikes, since here in Arizona there is not much in the way of rain. But, they work in the rain too, just have common sense and you'll be fine.

The biggest difference youll see is the dunlops feel way better than stock. The stock tires are absolutely rubbish, compared to just about any premium tire manufacturers tire. So almost anything would be an upgrade. If your riding sees a lot of rain though, maybe the Michelins would do you better.

Hope this helps buddy.
-Mike
With 150 rear has profile become dramatic? by that I mean does it leans way quicker, I am imagining that tire would become more round than 140.

·
Registered
75 Posts
With 150 rear has profile become dramatic? by that I mean does it leans way quicker, I am imagining that tire would become more round than 140.
You feel much difference on the street between the 150 and 140 on the street. But on the track most racers/trackday riders prefer 140 over the 150 for even quicker turn in. The 140 is taller than the 150 hence the quicker turn in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
as long as the 150 is a 150/60, right?
My 150 is 150/70 so it's wider and taller than the stock 140/70
Are you sure that 150 is a 70? I don’t recall any tire brand being made in that size. Check the sidewall. If it’s indeed a 150/70 it will be wider than the 140/70 but the same height.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Are you sure that 150 is a 70? I don’t recall any tire brand being made in that size. Check the sidewall. If it’s indeed a 150/70 it will be wider than the 140/70 but the same height.
Yeap, pretty sure. Michelin Pilot Road 5 comes in 150/70

1 - 8 of 8 Posts