Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been browsing this forum for about 8 months, and now I have finally decided to sign up :biggrin:

So I have searched threads and found great info, I am just left with one question about tire sizing. I'm going to get the Battlax S20 put on with the 120/150 setup. I'm going to put the 150/60 on the rear. So my question... Should I do 120/60 in the front so the profile matches, or keep it 120/70 to stay with the stock profile?

It's my dd, but I do aggressive weekend riding.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have been browsing this forum for about 8 months, and now I have finally decided to sign up :biggrin:

So I have searched threads and found great info, I am just left with one question about tire sizing. I'm going to get the Battlax S20 put on with the 120/150 setup. I'm going to put the 150/60 on the rear. So my question... Should I do 120/60 in the front so the profile matches, or keep it 120/70 to stay with the stock profile?

I haven't any hands on experience with larger tires, but the general concenses says that a larger tired on the 300 will not do so well with the agressive weekend riding. The pro's for the freeway are okay, but you loose some "flickability" with the added rotational mass and differenct agnles. I would say if you're going to do it, go with the larger front just to be consistant. From the people I have talked to that have done the larger reat, have mostly kept the front with the stock size, and they had no complaints spawning from that choice.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The 70 will make the front taller therefore more flickable. Not sure about front fender clearence with it being a 120 as well as 70. But, I do know that a 120/70 pirelli will fit.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

I recommend you stick with stock size. I don't see the point in putting bigger tires on a small and flickable bike with just under 35 HP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all, I will go ahead and stick with a stock front size. I like the wider back because I feel more stable at highway speeds. Ill keep you posted with detailed opinions once I get to riding on them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I got the 110/70 F and 150/60 R installed and tested today on some technical turn. Today was the first day ive ever scraped my pegs and been able to touch my knee to the ground. These tires are sticky! Now I need some clipons and rearsets to really step up the game!

·
Registered
131 Posts
So I got the 110/70 F and 150/60 R installed and tested today on some technical turn. Today was the first day ive ever scraped my pegs and been able to touch my knee to the ground. These tires are sticky! Now I need some clipons and rearsets to really step up the game!
Nice, where in So-cal are you San Diego County or LA area?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Reactions: Aj510 and Capa

·
Registered
131 Posts
nice those tires look mean, one more request, picture of the back from a a short distance
Sorry I had night class and wan't able to get a shot in the dark, what exactly are you looking for to get an idea of what to take a picture of?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry I'm not the best photographer.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i will chip in when i put my on

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.