Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

in German magazines' tire tests, they usually judge the above "tendency to stand up under braking while cornering", among other criteria. They have a single word for this in German called "Aufstellmoment".

Is there a shorter expression in English, too?

Regards,
Lupe
text to speech

·
Banned
79 Posts
Sounds like "failure to countersteer" but im sure they know what countersteering is. Maybe its referring to "triangular tread profile" on front tire? Thats what British mags called it. Race tires Pirelli Diablos have that, it puts a wider contact patch on aspalt at max lean angle, factory stock on my Triumph Daytona 600, almost unridable (by me) on the Dragon at Deals Gap with 636 blind curves in 22 miles but great draggin a knee in a parking lot. My bikecam vids made me look like a drunken sailor at anything other than max lean angle cuz 99.99999% of the time i was riding on a triangle bicycle front tire that felt like it wanted to tip over. Yes it felt like it wanted to grab the handlebars out of my hands due to extra grip at max lean angle, ok on a smooth racetrack with constant radius wide curves which i only did track days twice before Nashville Superspeedway closed, but nervewracking on the street. Gave me bad habits, I still dont trust my tires after i switched to round profile.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II

The profile of the new tire is different, too; the more triangulated shape enhances quick transitions and maximum stick at full lean where the shoulders are broader for a bigger contact patch.

IMO stay far away from triangular profiles unless an expert rider on worldclass racetracks only. YMMV

My Diablo front triangle tire in 300 curves in 10 miles:

·
Banned
79 Posts
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II

The profile of the new tire is different, too; the more triangulated shape enhances quick transitions and maximum stick at full lean where the shoulders are broader for a bigger contact patch.

IMO stay far away from triangular profiles unless an expert rider on worldclass racetracks only. YMMV

My Diablo front triangle tire in 300 curves in 10 miles:

Tractor trailers now banned on the Dragon tho some sneak thru. NWO now renamed The Great Reset of world communism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts