Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've been trying to get a copy of that PDF, mind sending it along?

I'm going to be doing my first oil change tomorrow, going with fully synthetic Mobil 1 MX4T. I'm only at 200 miles though, but I've done a hard break-in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Lots of us doing our own service

Broke mine in easy, but changed oil & filter at 295 miles. This is a very easy oil change to do. I put a small container on top of the exhaust just below the oil filter to catch the oil. Easier than making a spill and then just having to clean it up. Kawasaki sure made it convenient for DIY.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put the bike on my stand and did it. Had to remove the lower fairing to stab the filter with a screwdriver. Used mobil 1 racing 4t 10w-40 motorcycle oil and a fram tough guard 7317 oil filter. I was going to use a Mobil 1 filter but they were $13 and Walmart didn't have any. So spent $38.36 for my first service at 598 miles.

Had gold flakes in my oil though. Not sure if ok or really bad?

Also burned my thumb on the headers when I was feeling around the new filter for leaks after warming it up for a couple minutes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
When I had the fairings off for the exhaust install (full) I had the opportunity to put a oil filter wrench on and loosen up the filter and put back at hand tight. Should be easy going in another 200 miles when my 600 comes due.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts