Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Ninja for about 2 weeks now and of course, the inevitable finally occurred. I wrecked on a downhill turn because all the rain from the previous day coated the road with dirt and dust.

My bike slipped right off the road into a hill. The shift lever was forced completely over the right peg stand and my tie rod was bent. I ended up having to rip it out of there with the tool kit in order to get my bike riding back home.

Does anyone know if tie rods from Ninja 250s or Ninja 600s would fit as a replacement? I found the exact part I need " ROD-ASSY-TIE 39110-0307" but I'd prefer not ordering off the kawasaki website.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've had my Ninja for about 2 weeks now and of course, the inevitable finally occurred. I wrecked on a downhill turn because all the rain from the previous day coated the road with dirt and dust.

My bike slipped right off the road into a hill. The shift lever was forced completely over the right peg stand and my tie rod was bent. I ended up having to rip it out of there with the tool kit in order to get my bike riding back home.

Does anyone know if tie rods from Ninja 250s or Ninja 600s would fit as a replacement? I found the exact part I need " ROD-ASSY-TIE 39110-0307" but I'd prefer not ordering off the kawasaki website.

Thanks in advance for your help.
If looks don't matter just go to a hardware store and buy a threaded rod that the nut fits on and cut it to size.

If looks do matter, buy a solid rod and a tap and die kit (or just the die) and thread both ends of the rod after cutting.

Then paint it black so it makes your bike go faster ;P

Edit: there is a thread for parts that fit the 300 from the 250. I believe the tie rod is one of them. to double check, just look at the 250 part and compare the part number from the 300.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud. Saved me some cash and a few weeks of waiting for shipping. I'll be buying a normal threaded rod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts