Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Throttle Grip Movement & Gap

So I was looking over my bike today and I noticed that there is a gap between the throttle and the end cap weight. Is this supposed to be there? Also, the throttle moves ever so slightly left and right, although not nearly anything to come close to the gap. I can't seem to move the end cap any closer to the throttle... But I noticed the other side (left) is all flush.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
if it was my bike i wouldn’t stress over it too much. there’s usually a bit of play between the throttle tube and switchgear.has to be for throttle tube to twist with out getting caught on anything
if the movement side to side is something ridiculous like 10millimeters or crazy like that, then yes press the panic button, but a few millimetres is ok and i would consider normal

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm by no means panicing, just was curious if that's how it came from the factory or if it was somehow caused by my recent spill. Does yours have that large of a gap on the right side?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i have a gap on between throttle tube and bar ends on my current ride a suzuki gx250f, my ninja 300 is still on the boat coming from thailand, should be in australia on 19th of this month and i should have bike between my legs before 25th this month

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, okay I see. Gap on the right and no gap on the left on your gx250f? And oops didn't realize you didn't receive yours yet. I bet your anxious. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
if you really want, you can pull the grip back towards the right a little.easiest is to use an air compressor with a nozzle on it and try and jam the nozzle between throttle tube and grip and pull at same time. the air will very slightly lift the grip from tube and let it side easy, wind air compressor to full bore and your all good, wear eye protection as well, just incase.

just be sure the throttle rotates freely and smoothly and doesn’t get jammed, this is imperative this happens

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, if it's something that's normal then it's really not that big of a deal. As long as the grip doesn't end up moving much more left and right...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Never really notice anything on mine. I'll check it out tomorrow. But it does have so play, but that should be normal correct?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Throwing in my 2 cents here, same gap and play on my throttle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts