Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me how well this bike accelerates , like from 0 to 60 or so. I'm selling one of my larger kawasaki bike to get the 300 as I have two big bikes and think the 300 would be a blast to cruise the canyons with but I'm a little worried that ill get bored with it or it won't hold a thrill factor for long thanks I just don't want to get rid of a nice bike and then be sorry

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've never been on a big bike, so I can't really compare. It certainly pulls, it's not a slouch.

Take a look at this video:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , I like the idea of a light bike that revs out and handles well. I've been wanting one since they came out .

·
Registered
561 Posts
compaired to a big bike its a slouch.... the torque is all in the low end...

for twisties its a great bike... lots of shifting though... :)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
for that it is, this bike is great fun, drop on a k&n air cleaner, power commander 5 & slipon and wring the bikes neck, i have been there and done that will larger cc bikes like the vfr800, k1200 rs & k1200 lt and theres more to a bike then cc

im amazed at how many people get all hung up on how many cc's the bike is and that it has to have neck breaking torque to be fun to ride when its not the case at all

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree I like the whole concept of the bike and I kinda get ticked that is classified as a beginner bike I think it's much more than that even though I haven't ridden one yet. I'm a experienced rider so the whole cc thing doesn't bother me

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Ninja 300

"Beginner" bike qualities;

suspension
brakes
tires
plastics
controls
swingarm
bearings
wheels
exhaust
hardware
Axles
Chain adjusters

"Real" serious bike qualities;

engine

It is a gem and deserved to be in a better bike. Tuned up it is bordering on great. Great would be 50 HP at +15k RPMs IMO.

Zero to 60 is a non issue. You can blow traffic away shifting at 8k RPMs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've never really ridden a big bike, so I can't make a real comparison. But, from a stop, I whipped around and blew past a cager taking too long at a green light fast enough that I hadn't even completely processed the thought of, "F*ck this!" by the time they were eating my dust. So, I'd say it's got some get up'n'go.

·
Registered
958 Posts
In tight corners the Ninja 300 is hard to beat. What it lacks that bigger bikes have is that burst of acceleration coming out of a corner or on a straightaway. No you couldn't possibly keep up with an experienced rider on a superbike in the canyons if they were racing. If they were riding like most of us ride...fast, but not out to win a race, then you could keep up. 0-60 mph time is double to triple that of a super sport and it really works to get to 100 mph. The lower gears are very short and you would likely have to shift all the way to 5th going as fast as possible to 60 mph whereas on a super sport it is all in 1st gear. The beauty of the 300 is that it is a blast to wind it out and actually use all the gears to their full potential...something you would only do on a race track with a super sport. Almost every experienced rider who rides the 300 loves the bike.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I get this all the time, even from new members here on the forum saying that this is a beginner bike and a beginner forum. Not true at all. I would say a large portion of the members of this forum have not only ridden for a long time, but on far larger capacity bikes than the 300, that cost a far lot more than the 300.

The 300 is "marketed" as a beginner bike as the laws in Europe and Australia have now changed, meaning you can ride up to a bike that has a power/weight ratio of no more than 150kW per tonne, may be slightly different power level in Europe. Meaning people who before had to have an unrestricted licence to ride above 250cc or a certain power/weight ratio, no longer have to do so to ride this bike bringing it into a "beginner" category. A beginner who has just gotten their motorcycle licence can now ride this bike legally.

This does not by any means translate into the bike being a beginner bike simply because it is only 300cc's. Take an RS250 or a RGV250 for a spin, or even an old GSXR250 and tell me that they are beginner bikes because of them being 250cc's. They are not bikes that should be ridden by inexperienced riders, very powerful and light.

As old3 mentioned, they have some serious beginner quality going on, cheapish plastics and fixings, cheapish forks for instance, but this was for no other reason than to keep the cost manageable and to keep it in a region where most "beginners" would be willing to spend their hard earned dollars.

The 300 is an awesome fun bike to ride and to play around with, and would recommend not only for brand new riders but also to riders that have had many years of experience.

In fact my riding buddy, with many many years of road and race experience, rides a 2005 ZX10r. To me one of the gnarliest bikes ever made by Kawasaki at the time. In fact I think they were the fastest accelerating bike on the planet in 2005. Every time we go for a ride, he wants to jump on my bike. Why? He says it is the most fun he has ever had on a bike, light, easy to throw around and get this........way faster through the bends than his bike could ever be. Straight line speed has nothing on something like a litre class bike, but most arent interested in straight line speed as that is a tiny portion of the riding experience to be had with motorcycles. And the fact that he says you can wind out most gears on the bike, and not be breaking any laws by doing so. Just fun fun fun.

Definitely not a beginner bike only, good fun for all to be had. So yes whilst it is "marketed" as a beginner bike, I think this is a bike for all ages, and skill levels. A bike that I dont see myself ever parting ways with.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Once you have broken the 300 in that's when the fun really starts. At the end of the day you cant ask for anything more for its price point.

Ive ridden plenty of 250's including my RS250 Aprilia that's a freaking weapon the 300 is still by far my favorite in its class.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the suzuki RGV250 in its day on the street was freaking awesome. extremely rare to find a good one now days, but if you do and your offered a ride, take it with open arms and hold on for the ride of your life, it will change the way you think about small cc bikes for ever i kid you not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts