I think for that price you can find way better

·
Registered
463 Posts

here are mine, A* m10, i think they are like $70, cheaper than mecanics

·
Registered
523 Posts
Motorcycle-specific gloves are definitely a good idea. In any decent motorcycle glove, the stitching has been done in such a way that the seams won't separate when the glove hits the pavement at speed with all your weight on top of it. I don't think the same can be said for what is essentially a work glove with some rubber sewn on it for protection.

·
Registered
101 Posts
get some REAL motorcycle gloves, those look like a joke to me. Remember that your equipment separates you from the ground in the case of an emergency. I suggest not to go cheap on this. Riding motorcycles is not necessarily cheap btw. its totally the opposite.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pshhhhhhttttttt!!!!

For that price you can get a good pair of A* gloves.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
As others have said, those aren't designed at all around the kind of trauma that would be involved in a motorcycle accident. While the impact protection would be nice, I am not sure how well it would hold up to the abrasion of sliding down a road. Those gloves are designed for rescue personnel to punch through windows and protect the hand from getting cut and absorbing the impact of that hit.

A good motorcycle glove is going to provide decent impact protection but first and foremost, is designed for protection against abrasion. They are also stitched in a way to at least allow the thumb, fore finger and middle finger a good degree of maneuverability so you can manipulate the controls without binding or hindering those fingers in any real way.

I personally use the cortech Vice 2.0 and love them. Good solid leather, with aluminum armor and supports along with good wrist support.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/903/41550/ITEM/Cortech-Vice-2-0-Gloves.aspx

As said, your riding gear is the only thing that separates you from the road when something goes wrong. That is your only barrier when something goes wrong. It's one of the areas where you don't wanna go cheap on. Now I don't mean you shouldn't find the best price you can get. Just ensure that you aren't sacrificing quality for cost.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am just curious, I own 2 pairs. One alpine and one speed & strength.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
I agree with everyone else, get motorcycle gloves for motorcycle riding, no exceptions.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
We still see WWAAYYY too many guys and gals using mechanic or even batters gloves when riding. One good spill ( even at low speeds ) and you're in for weeks of healing and recovery. Gotta echo what all have said, save your coin and buy true riding gloves.

·
Registered
506 Posts
We still see WWAAYYY too many guys and gals using mechanic or even batters gloves when riding. One good spill ( even at low speeds ) and you're in for weeks of healing and recovery. Gotta echo what all have said, save your coin and buy true riding gloves.

Funny thing is, OPs mechanix gloves aren't cheap. There are nice A* gloves for nearly half that price.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
419 Posts

Here's a pic of some guys Alpinestar SMX Air Carbon gloves. I am heavily reconsidering my A* gloves after finding this... I bought a similar pair for the summer. thicker leather is probably the best way to go regardless of temperature.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Here's a pic of some guys Alpinestar SMX Air Carbon gloves. I am heavily reconsidering my A* gloves after finding this... I bought a similar pair for the summer. thicker leather is probably the best way to go regardless of temperature.
What makes you think it's a problem endemic to Alpinestars products? There's a logical fallacy in there if you're willing to examine it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
What makes you think it's a problem endemic to Alpinestars products? There's a logical fallacy in there if you're willing to examine it.
I didn't mean to come across as saying there was a problem with A*s. They make tons of great products and I love them. All I was saying is that the guy in the pic had a certain model A* and I have a similar pair of the same brand. After seeing how they perform I am rethinking my purchase of a short cuff soft/thin leather palm glove.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts