Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A mate of mine recently came off of a friends bike.

Skin VS Bitchumen - Skin '0' | Bitchumen '1'

A friendly reminder to all who do not wear gear. He was only traveling 2km up the road. He refused to wear gear as it was 'too hot bro'
He was wearing:
* Polo Shirt
* Shorts
* Slip on Shoes
* Helmet (At least he was wearing that)

Broken Collar Bone
Broken Shoulder blade
Torn Tendons in Fingers
Skin grafts

* Please take note and wear your gear, no matter what temperature and regardless of distance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch, I know what burns feel like. I suffered from 2nd degree burns to 40% of my body.
I always cringe when I see a burn, no matter how small.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
yep, and it doesn’t matter if your riding round town or not, tar is still tar no matter where you are and it rips the meat off you like there’s no tomorrow.

all the gear, all the time

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I put my gear on JUST to move my bike from out front to my garage. Granted I was already wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, I just threw on gloves and a helmet... but I have to ride through all grass to put it in the back. Other than that, always the jacket, always the helmet, always the gloves, always the boots.

·
Registered
323 Posts
So it wasn't his bike. It was one of those, "hey let me take a spin" type deals then?
We know he was only traveling a distance of 2Km but how fast was he going and was he being a hot dog? What were the circumstances around the fall? Gravel, wet manhole cover, oil spot, rookie mistake?

If he wore gear, his injuries wouldn't be as extensive, great lesson we all need to learn. There's more to learn from this though.

For one, don't let anybody ride your bike!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
80-90kmh, most of the impact was on the road, he then slid over the gutter and rolled on some grass/dirt. If he hadn't then it would've been worse. Helmet was destroyed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bike got sold that day. It was in the process of meeting up with the new owner. My mate decided he was not going to ride it as he lost his lisence and was going to tow it on my car instead. Our other friend was breaking balls saying "let me ride it it's only round the corner'. My mate reluctantly agreed. (let's call our gravel rash friend "Charlie"). Charlie was wearing his bike jacket and our mates helmet. We (following in a car) were 500m from the mechanic when he decided he was "too hot" took the jacket off and threw it into the car. He jumped back on the bike and as the lights turned green launched the gixxer 600 through a main intersection where there's a merge coming off the freeway. A young p-plater came through the intersection and clipped him whilst changing lanes. He was traveling way over 100 as we heard 2nd gear stretch right out. He backed off the accelerator just before the nudge and lost balance...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ah I was gonna say. I've seen 80-90 Kph crashes that did a lot more damage. But their slides started and ended on tarmac. In some ways, he is lucky part of the slide was on grass/dirt

·
Registered
41 Posts
The difference?
I had a 120kph crash and aside from the top of my leg getting slammed into my stomach cavity (right through the joint) from the impact, i did not even have one single bruise or scratch on my body.

Long live leathers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The difference?
I had a 120kph crash and aside from the top of my leg getting slammed into my stomach cavity (right through the joint) from the impact, i did not even have one single bruise or scratch on my body.

Long live leathers!

Can you explain that injury better?

With out being macabre, I'm having a hard time picturing what happened. Did your femur dislocate or was it your patella/tibula/fibula that was dislocated?

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you have a local cyclegear near you, check out their clearance rack. Good stuff for cheap.

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I was 7 my dad bought me a piwie 50.he gave me a run down on what to do and then I did it.he walked away and I gassed it straight into a fence(less than 20m from where I started)I ended up ontop of the fence with my legs splits.was rushed to hospital after the "jewels" started turning blue.somehow I managed to twist them up and I had to have an op to have them untwisted and anchored down(that's what they called it).this was a 50cc...your riding a 300cc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts