Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first Forum that I have actively followed and contributed to on a regular basis. I'm learning so much about the bike and the aftermarket parts.

I'm the first customer at my local dealer to buy the 300 in Black. It arrives in two weeks. They have a White in stock but wont bring it on to the show room floor until they clear some 2012 250's.

I went in to the dealer to pick up some new equipment and talk about the bike. To my amazement there was nothing new they could tell me that I haven't already been told by you guys. Actually, I would go as far to say I knew a considerable amount more about the 300 than sales reps and service crew combined.

Anyone else really liking Kawasakininja300.com?

·
Registered
594 Posts
If I ran a dealership, I would encourage my sales staff to spend more time researching the products that they are trying to sell. Too often I find myself teaching a salesperson a few things...
I've found that to be the case with every vehicle I've bought.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
If I ran a dealership, I would encourage my sales staff to spend more time researching the products that they are trying to sell. Too often I find myself teaching a salesperson a few things...

So true! I have had the same experiences over the years. This is their job. I really don't understand how they cannot know every available detail on what they are selling. It is really not that much information to absorb. It seems that they are just taking money out of their own pockets by not taking a little time to know their own products.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Having worked in sales at a dealership I understand why they don't care...

Back then I pushed product knowledge to differentiate myself...I was the expert on the specs, changes, everything involving the vehicle and competitors. It turns out the best salesmen don't care much about product knowledge because they sell the person not the product. I tried to fight this but didn't become a great salesman until I realized that they were right...it isn't about what you're selling. The right customer will always appreciate thorough product knowledge but it is very rarely what makes the sale

·
Registered
523 Posts
This is the first Forum that I have actively followed and contributed to on a regular basis. I'm learning so much about the bike and the aftermarket parts.

I'm the first customer at my local dealer to buy the 300 in Black. It arrives in two weeks. They have a White in stock but wont bring it on to the show room floor until they clear some 2012 250's.

I went in to the dealer to pick up some new equipment and talk about the bike. To my amazement there was nothing new they could tell me that I haven't already been told by you guys. Actually, I would go as far to say I knew a considerable amount more about the 300 than sales reps and service crew combined.

Anyone else really liking Kawasakininja300.com?
It's because the forum is relatively young; give it another six months. We'll be hit with the spring crowd and it'll be just as noisy as any other forum out there. :p

·
Registered
594 Posts
Having worked in sales at a dealership I understand why they don't care...

Back then I pushed product knowledge to differentiate myself...I was the expert on the specs, changes, everything involving the vehicle and competitors. It turns out the best salesmen don't care much about product knowledge because they sell the person not the product. I tried to fight this but didn't become a great salesman until I realized that they were right...it isn't about what you're selling. The right customer will always appreciate thorough product knowledge but it is very rarely what makes the sale
Interesting point of view. Thanks for sharing that.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I learn a lot too. For the most I mostly like customer reviews to encourage my decisions. This place is like a pot of reviews with tons of learning thrown in!!! Love forums!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.