Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo I was screwing around on my road a bit while waiting for a buddy of mine who was practicing for his motorcycle test that I drew up with some chalk on the road... I decided to try to pop a wheelie... ohhhhhhhhhh did I wheelie...!!!! LOL I have popped little things here and there like the tire an inch or two off the ground... Since I changed the front sprocket to a 15t i didn't think it would have enough nut to pull on up... DANG NEARLY TOPPLED OVER BACKWARD!!! I got caught so off guard by the surprise that it actually did it that my legs where flailing everywhere nowhere near the rear brake... lol

Needless to say i about shat myself!!! and was kinda giddy for a lil while after i did it lol

If anyone asks... YES!!!! it can wheelie still... VERY WELL! not a power wheelie, but from rolling around 5 mph or maybe even 10, then popping the clutch with the rpm's spiked pretty high.... idk how high lol wasnt looking.

This bike has plenty of power and this re-affirms it LOL! if anyone asks... yes... yes its plenty of power!

With a little practice I could prob do a good wheelie and hold it, but I'm too scared to drop the bike lol my precious!!!!!! so I prob wont do it again.. till I feel like acting dumb again i suppose. ;)

Thats my funny story!

On another note my buddy is doing pretty well training for the test, hope he does well!!! hes taking it on thurs. =D

·
Registered
368 Posts
you can wheelie with a scooter too, and bicycle :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I had a video camera in my eyeballs... >_<

I've done plenty of wheelies of my bicycle.. scooters are a bit harder, at least mine bc I geared it wayyyyy up. lost a lot of low end. I can get it an inch or two off the ground.

Nothing like today though! haha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Give it a little spike of throttle right when the front wheel is about to touch down. This eases the slam and reduces the chance of popping those crappy seals

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It actually handled it pretty seamlessly much to my surprise. It smacked down but not too hard, least it didn't seam that way. i may of gave it a lil gas or something not even realizing it, who knows?

Was prob really funny watching me lol My bikes naked right now with no fairings, just did the projectors and hid's so it only has the headlight housing back on it ;D Thats an me making a fool out of myself. I'm just glad I didnt drop it!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Ahh see theres the answer to why it did a wheelie right there.

Reduced weight from having no fairings on. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
If anyone asks... YES!!!! it can wheelie still... VERY WELL! not a power wheelie, but from rolling around 5 mph or maybe even 10, then popping the clutch with the rpm's spiked pretty high.... idk how high lol wasnt looking.

This bike has plenty of power and this re-affirms it LOL! if anyone asks... yes... yes its plenty of power!

very funny stuff. thanks for sharing. just be careful doing wheelies , its a great way to destroy the fork seals;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very funny stuff. thanks for sharing. just be careful doing wheelies , its a great way to destroy the fork seals;)

Guess thats my excuse for replacing the forks with more adjustable ones ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the wheelie or the excuse?

·
Registered
103 Posts
This bike wheelies no problem going around 10 mph clutch up from 8.5-9 rpm to get close to blanace point. Be careful do it in a big parking lot to start.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I may of been a bit higher rpms than that lol maybe 12? idk if i wanna do it again. I way paranoid to drop the bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this.. but I love doing wheelies, I do them every time I ride. I go to a traffic free, police free
Back road and practice. Don't tell me I'm the only one, because I KNOW I'm not. I had a 2005 gsxr 600 and was always too timid to do really long ones on it. But I feel alot more confident on my 300. I can wheelie about half way down the road now. Sit down, stand up, it's just fun! I do worry about the bike tho... forks, tires, etc... I'm just surprised there isn't more talk of it on the forum. If I had a camera I'd gladly post videos. There it is... I said it.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this.. but I love doing wheelies, I do them every time I ride. I go to a traffic free, police free
Back road and practice. Don't tell me I'm the only one, because I KNOW I'm not. I had a 2005 gsxr 600 and was always too timid to do really long ones on it. But I feel alot more confident on my 300. I can wheelie about half way down the road now. Sit down, stand up, it's just fun! I do worry about the bike tho... forks, tires, etc... I'm just surprised there isn't more talk of it on the forum. If I had a camera I'd gladly post videos. There it is... I said it.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Buy a camera. They are cheap nowadays.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts