Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there are only a few colors here in the USA so I am looking to have my painted to stand out a little more from the crowd, and here is what I came up with. Let me know what you guys think.

Edit: If anyone roughly knows the price to get a bike sprayed could they let me know. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I say do it. Prices differ if the paint is pearl or solid. All that's needed is a quart of paint and clear coat with hardener. a red 3M scuff pad and it can be done. Fun task is the removal and assembly of all fairings.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a buddy who paints cars (Mostly insurance claims). I would take it to him but he hates small parts and pieces. Even if I took it all apart and brought it to him. Would never get him to stop laughing.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I wonder what a gold one would look like, has anyone removed the black "ninja" off the tank? mine seems to be clear coated on.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Guess i'll have to order a new tank without the logo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Speaking of painting, don't remember where I saw it on this forum, but somebody was talking about plasti-dipping a base, then painting over that. Anyone try this? I am getting the SE ABS, and would love to keep the SE stickers, but repaint the green bits (like the pic that started the thread). Should be possible to keep the stickers? Or have to reorder a new set from Kawi? Thoughts?

·
Registered
993 Posts
LOL, I have now conviced myself I am going to "theme mod" my lil' 300. Since it is mine (title to arrive soon) and I will not be breaking any warrenty rules. Part of it will be done by someone who knows their stuff and most of it will be by me...heh... backyard bill productions, i'm hoping i'll be done with it by the end of april. Thanks for the thread start Huf

·
Registered
993 Posts
Got all the cowl off and made a minor change to plans, got some spray can krylon in my locker...hmmm....spray bomb it and see what it looks like. Gonna rain the next couple of days so it will be too humid to dry properly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good luck cant wait to see the results. Check out mine. I plastidipped mine and it came out pretty sweet. Something you might want to consider plastidip.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Cleared up around noon, got some painting and clear on a few pieces, heh, also decided to put in a couple of 12v cigarette type plugs on each side of the dash.
Still have to wire them in to an added fuse box that i'm putting under the passenger seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Painting mine in a couple weeks. I was going to do the color shifting paint...but am really liking the matte grey Plasti-Dip. And tips for removing the front fender? What about the tank? Or should I spray it on the bike?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Good luck cant wait to see the results. Check out mine. I plastidipped mine and it came out pretty sweet. Something you might want to consider plastidip.
Nope, seen a guy at the car wash trying to get the plastidip off his dodge truck...heh, he must have had some kind of wear in his clear coat, the plastidip stuck really good and looked like moldy spots he couldn't spray off...LOL. It was originally a silver truck, but now its kinda silver with tons of spots all over it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Painting mine in a couple weeks. I was going to do the color shifting paint...but am really liking the matte grey Plasti-Dip. And tips for removing the front fender? What about the tank? Or should I spray it on the bike?
My tank is full of gas, i'm not doing a professional job, just seeing what can be done with what I have on hand. I probably won't remove it although if you are serious about painting your bike you should, so you can get a good even coat of paint and clearcoat on it. Clearcoat can peel if wind and dirt get under it and if you don't remove the tank the underside won't get coated.
The front fender only has the four bolts and reflector bolts and it comes right off, pick it up and slid it forward.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts