Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing a 300 but im still on the fence on it. Main question is my drive everyday or 35 miles each way of pure highway 70mph. So i will most likely be doing 80mph and i feel like that will have this little bike screaming and not really helping on the gas. I want it as a nice fuel sipper but i dont think this will work. So what do you guys think and what do you guys get for mpg at these higher speeds

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I'm staying close to 53 MPG and it'll cruise at 80 without issue, add the +1 CS sprocket unless you ride enduros on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if im not mistaken the bike tops out at a little over 100 so that would put the bike at redline so imagine that 80 would be very high in the rpm burning alot of fuel

·
Registered
286 Posts
if im not mistaken the bike tops out at a little over 100 so that would put the bike at redline so imagine that 80 would be very high in the rpm burning alot of fuel
From the last time I had it on the interstate, it was just under 8k at 80. On the old 250 I used to have, I would get 65 mpg on the interstate before I did filter pods, full exhaust, and stage 3 jet kit. Then it went to about 50 mpg.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
The speedo reads high stock, the +1 CS fixes that as a side benny and brings the bike up in final gear ratio to one that makes 1st more usefull and drops RPM at equal actual speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts