Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

381 - 400 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Some people change the oil before storing and some before riding season starts. Couldn't tell you which is the better option lol. GSXR-600 is about an inch more than the 300 I think. Already thinking of upgrading?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Heading out east and will stop at Robert Moses Parkway if anyone wants to meet up. In queens now so probably about 30-40 mins. Just leave a message here. From Southern State.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey hey, anyone been riding lately?? its so quiet here!

I just did my oil change, bought 3 quarts of 10w-40 from dealership at $5.99 each, $2 for the washer, and K&N Filter 303 from amazon for about $11. I had a hard time getting the Kawasaki filter off, it kept slipping. I went to autozone and bought a 65mm/14 flute cap with 3/8in head. It did the job removing the filter but it got stock ON the filter and i couldn't get it off, ended up throwing away both. Oil was getting on the floor, on me, a bit on the tools.....what a mess~ Finished with a torque wrench with 14.5 lb to the drain bolt and 12.9 lb to the filter! It came out pretty good :D, the old oil was so dirty, almost black! Previous owner said it was last done in the Spring of 2014!

So.....let's get the riding going!? Anyone nearby? *puppy eyes*

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thursday - October 7th - Hudson Valley Ride

Hello All -

Planning on a ride on the 7th of October.

Heres what we're looking at so far:
8:30am: Meet at Rhodes Tavern, Sloatsburg, NY
(http://www.rhodesnorth.com/id31.html)
9:30am: Start off on the Seven Lakes Drive through Bear Mountain State Park (will inevitably be stop-and-go - great scenary - lots of pull off points)
10:00am: Pass through Fahnstock State Park
10:15am: Head up Taconic State Parkway to Route 55
10:45am: Take route 55 through Poughkeepsie, across Hudson River, through New Paltz, and land at the Shawangunk Mountain Overlook.
11:30am: Depart Shawangunk Mountain and head west on 55 - passing the Roundout Reservoir
12:15pm: Get off 55 and head east on Route 17 and twist the wick!
1:00pm: Arrive at intersection of I-84 and Route 17 (Middletown, NY). Can depart ways from here.

Total time: ~4 hours (probably a little longer)
Total Distance: 155 miles of beautiful country (picture is attached below)
(There are tolls involved - if you have an E-Zpass, figure out how to mount it to your windshield. Best "mod" I ever did.)

Anyone who is interested, reply on the thread. I've traveled all of these roads before - beautiful time of year to travel em.

RAIN DELAY DATE will be the 9th.

Looking forward -

Doug
'13 300

PS. Just installed Oxford Heaterz heated sport grips. If you've got an extra $80 laying around - get em. Just beware of stripping your bar end screws. Kawasaki didn't skimp on the Loc-tite.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
dropped again....arrrrrghhh :mad::mad::mad:

I can't believe i dropped it again! stupid gravel stupid gravel!

It fell and bent the gear shift lever, i tried to bend it back so i could ride it now. As i got the lever out a bit (it wont touch the linkage), it will NOT go into neutral even with the clutched held in! I tried to bend it back a little more and it snapped off the bracket!! arrrrrghhh!!!

On top of that, my gf wanted to break up with my for some other reasons....just a really really bad day :c

What should i do now? what would you do?

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry to hear about the drop. Maybe post something in the general discussion section for some advice.

Hopefully you got the gf situation sorted out :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear about the drop. Maybe post something in the general discussion section for some advice.

Hopefully you got the gf situation sorted out :)
Hey :) So i went to the General Discussion and only 1 person wrote back. I got my parts today and installed them, it wouldn't shift at first and still have the same problem. Then i took it for a ride with the bike stuck in 1st gear (it was unable to shift into neutral or up) and eventually it knocked itself into gears.

gf situation turned out alright too, she's baking cookies for me atm ;p

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey all, I'm no longer on the Island or even in NY, but in PA. Nearby enough to do some group rides if you guys ever head upstate/NJ. Keep me in mind!

Stay safe guys! Hope we see an early spring!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Had a nice ride to New Hope PA once. Pretty sure I will make it out there again in the future. Stay safe as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey all -

Hope your weathering the winter-no-riding-blues well. Because I'm totally not.

Anywho! Curious to see who is in the Poughkeepsie/New Paltz/Beacon area. Would like to start making some connections in the off season so once 50 degree weather rolls around we can plan some tours.

Looking forward to hearing from ya -

All the best -

Doug

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey Doug. I'm in Brooklyn, queens. But riding up north is more fun. Let me know when you plan on riding. Hopefully I could tag along.

381 - 400 of 400 Posts