Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Just came back from riding. Haha, this bike fits me perfect, nothing needs to be done! Just need to ride more now.

I tend to upshift at around 5-6k rpm, and when i got to 6th gear, i'm only going like 45 mph. Am i shifting too soon? What's ideal rpm to shift?
You don't need 6th gear unless you are cruising on the highway. I would shift anywhere from 8k rpm to redline

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you Ryklism and Michael for the tips.

I went riding last night (before I read this), 1st was slow even with higher rev, I'll just get to 2nd around 5k. 2nd gear feels so much smoother and I get it up to 8k before going to 3rd.

I was mostly staying at 3rd & 4th on local doing like 40mph. Will practice more :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dropped my bike at a stop sign yesterday :( :(

I was trying to rev match on downshifting coming to a stop, and it was very jerky. It was very difficult to match smoothly. I thought I was in 1st gear coming to the stop but I was wrong; tried to take off and the bike was hesitating and shuts off (turned out it was in 4th gear), then it dropped to the right side.

What I did was, 1) let off throttle, 2) clutch in all the way, 3) blip the throttle 1/5 of an inch while downshift 1 gear, 4) let off clutch kinda fast, it's very jerky! help

·
Registered
265 Posts
you ok? bike take any damage? also, try practicing 'feathering' the clutch. that's when you release the clutch right to the friction zone, but not all the way out, and rev up. it will give you smoother transition. some say it's not great on the transmission though. I have not experienced any issues.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Ryklism! The bike and I are both fine, no damage to both, luckily. I found out what I did wrong, I did everything but didn't step on the gear shifter hard enough to change the gear lol; that's why I was in 4th gear!!

I tried it again today, it went perfect!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ugh...a small rant~

Yesterday was beautiful!! I went riding and went up to 85mph (i was wearing a t-shirt/helmet/pant/boots/gloves D: ).
Coming to a light, got it down to 1st gear while coming to a stop. Light turns green, gave a little (about 2300rpm) throttle and let the clutch out slowly and ready to go but the bike stalled!!. Tried again and it stalled again! almost dropped the bike the 2nd time. 3rd time is the charm, it went.

What happened?? :crying:

PS. anyone around LIE exit 63 wants to ride with me?

·
Registered
54 Posts
85 in a t-shirt? :surprise:
:c i felt like i was getting blown away! There were so many cars behind and they were trying to cut me off, so i speed up and got away from them. Wasn't what you were thinking ;P

It was kinda scary the first time, i normally go like 45 mph

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys! I bought a set of short levers, could I use anti seize grease for the thread?

Bought a rear stand, stools and some chain cleaning and lube. My chain looks dirty, dried and a bit rusted! That can't be good.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey guys! I bought a set of short levers, could I use anti seize grease for the thread?

Bought a rear stand, stools and some chain cleaning and lube. My chain looks dirty, dried and a bit rusted! That can't be good.
I think you could use grease on it. is the line rigid or rusted?

for some reason cleaning and lubing the chain is my favorite maintenance. easiest too.

·
Registered
54 Posts

I think you could use grease on it. is the line rigid or rusted?

for some reason cleaning and lubing the chain is my favorite maintenance. easiest too.

I don't know if the lever line are rigid or rusted, didn't take it out yet.

I like to hear when you say "easiest"! I don't like complicated maintenance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Riding to Bear Mountain tomorrow morning. Meet up time is 8am, kickstands up probably by 830. I think we want to be back by 3pm, no later. Meeting at the gas station at the corner of Meeker Ave & McGuinness Blvd.

Send me a message if you're on coming. Just 3 of us atm.

Leon

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Damn, missed the bear mtn ride. I need to check this more often.

We're planning on doing something local to Long Island this weekend, should just be a nice Sunday morning cruise. Check the attached image for details. Let me know if anyones interested!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts

We're planning on doing something local to Long Island this weekend, should just be a nice Sunday morning cruise. Check the attached image for details. Let me know if anyones interested!
Subscribe to the the thread. I would join for the Sunday ride, but I'm going to be out of town.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Oh oh! I want to join! I'm like 5 miles away from that meet up location, but not sure if I have the time. Just show up?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Oh oh! I want to join! I'm like 5 miles away from that meet up location, but not sure if I have the time. Just show up?
Moc, yea man, just swing by, kick stands up at 9:30. I'm not sure how many we've got going tbh, only ones I know for sure are me and my buddy mike who's organized it, but we'll see tomorrow. I'll probably be the only 300 so you'll know its me for sure, but PM if you want my cell.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Moc, yea man, just swing by, kick stands up at 9:30. I'm not sure how many we've got going tbh, only ones I know for sure are me and my buddy mike who's organized it, but we'll see tomorrow. I'll probably be the only 300 so you'll know its me for sure, but PM if you want my cell.
Ughhh! Gf said she made other plan today, I can't ride with you guys. Can't mess with the boss lady :(

I ride a 2013 ninja 300 too! Never been on a 600, but would love to one day!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Anyone wanna go to bear mountain this weekend? I'm thinking sunday morning. I might go to raceway park friday night to go on the drag strip, it's $20 and I've always wanted to go lol.

341 - 360 of 400 Posts