Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stickers finally arrived, as well as my K&N Air Filter and Rear Cowl so I set about on making all of it happen! Was more nervous than ever when removing that silver reflective Kawasaki sticker off the black bottom fairing as the way it peels it stretches/rips so if the Kwikasfuki sticker looked like balls I couldnt stick the stock one back on! Luckily it looks good (In the only opinion that matters...Mine! :D ) . Took some time to get used to/prefer the look of the Cowl but I'm really preferring the look of it now compared to the seat. To complete the look of the cowl I removed the passenger foot pegs and bought the R&G Exhaust hanger so its not dangling on without the right footpeg to hold it on.
Got a white LED adjustable-angle wedge bulb so I replaced the stock plate light with that for the white LED light all over look!
Popped in my K&N air filter so that + the snorkel removal I did gives the stock exhaust a tougher sound plus when I smack it above 8000 revs suddenly it sounds alot like a Honda motor hitting V-tec which I'm a really big fan of! ...its a Kawa though so I think the saying should be... K-TEC KICKED IN YO! hahaha!

The Yoshi fender eliminator is arriving soon and then getting adjustable levers so that will complete the bike! Fairly excited!

Let the good times roll!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Love that rear seat cowl! I am STILL waiting for mine and I ordered it on 5-9-13. Back ordered! ><

·
Registered
106 Posts
Beat me to it with the sticker! I'm trying to find that exact size on eBay but all I'm seeing are smaller scale versions of it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sean, just means that now I can play the "You copied me" game hahaha. If I remembered who I bought it off I would link you but I couldnt remember for the life of me!

Spacepod...WAIT IN LINE hahaha! Mate, I waited over 2 months for mine :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sidith. Get into it mate! Great way to pass time and earn a whole new level of appreciation for our machines.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Love that rear seat cowl! I am STILL waiting for mine and I ordered it on 5-9-13. Back ordered! ><
I've seriously been trying to order a rear seat cowl, but theres no one in socal that will give me a reasonable date of delivery (if not at all!)... I don't want to be left hanging. So saddddddd...

Question p0d, who'd you order it from?

OP, nice sticker. Going to grab one too.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've seriously been trying to order a rear seat cowl, but theres no one in socal that will give me a reasonable date of delivery (if not at all!)... I don't want to be left hanging. So saddddddd...

Yeah I like that custom sticker too. Ordered the cowl from my dealer (Ken and Joe's Honda Kawasaki in Santa Clarita) when I bought the bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Let me know where you find the right size so I can "copy" him too lol

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Popped in my K&N air filter so that + the snorkel removal I did gives the stock exhaust a tougher sound plus when I smack it above 8000 revs suddenly it sounds alot like a Honda motor hitting V-tec which I'm a really big fan of! ...its a Kawa though so I think the saying should be... K-TEC KICKED IN YO! hahaha!

lol, V-tec / K-tec would be awesome so long as it has straight cut gears for the gear driven cams like the 1998-2001 vfr800

now we are talking, the sweet whistle of the gears like a gilmere drive and v-tec, now that would be very , very cool

now where’s the dotted line for me to sign on:D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
when you install a K&N air filter and do the snorkel removal do you have to worry about the bike running lean?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts