Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as a birthday and christmas gift I bought my GF the new 300R to get her on the road and off the back of my bikes...

Ive been riding for 4 years now... all supersports... I just bought a new bike in August and decided I didnt want her on th back anymore.

Its winter here in Canada and the Bikes are winterized but I took a few pics before I put them away.

She will start riding next year after her motorcycle course.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kinda curious as to why you didn't just put a down payment on the bike with a scheduled pickup for early March. Now you gotta insure it against fire and theft :(.

I already had a downpayment on the bike, I was told christmas time for delivery... they came about 2 months earlier than I expected. :rolleyes:

The price for them to store vs. my insurance, well my insurance was much cheaper and I have the place to store the bike. Either I took the bike or waited for the next one, or the next one...

I think they are going to be pretty hot in the spring... I wanted to have my hands on one as soon as the warm weather comes back!!

Any dealer I am aware of will want to charge storage for the bike and I didnt want to be waiting on a shipment of bikes or give a date and still have to store for a few months.

· Registered
11 Posts
Nice!! The green is very nice but I think I will opt for the moondust gray since I want ABS as well.

I am in Ottawa also, do you mind if I ask you where you got it and if they were willing to deal? OGTC is pretty firm since they know this bike is going to sell out before the spring.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice!! The green is very nice but I think I will opt for the moondust gray since I want ABS as well.

I am in Ottawa also, do you mind if I ask you where you got it and if they were willing to deal? OGTC is pretty firm since they know this bike is going to sell out before the spring.

I bought it at OGTC... same with my S1000RR.

I dont think you are going to find anyone what will move much on these bikes until maybe this time next year...

They WILL be a very hot bike...

I didnt think the ABS was going to be that big of a deal on a bike that only weighs like 380lbs... if it would have come in green with ABS I would have bought it...

There is a chance that end of next season there will be a few crashed 300R's and I will pick up the full OEM ABS system and install it.

· Registered
11 Posts
I bought it at OGTC... same with my S1000RR.

I dont think you are going to find anyone what will move much on these bikes until maybe this time next year...

They WILL be a very hot bike...

I didnt think the ABS was going to be that big of a deal on a bike that only weighs like 380lbs... if it would have come in green with ABS I would have bought it...

There is a chance that end of next season there will be a few crashed 300R's and I will pick up the full OEM ABS system and install it.
Thanks, I figured as much. Congrats on both of your bikes!

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what a great idea, all the time i spend at home with the misses when i want to be out riding!!!! Ill just be her a bike!!! cant beat em make em join you

Congrats, froff the bmw

Yeah, she is just finishing a degree and now working on accredidations and qualifications... So she has no money... I figured "hey, its not as fun with her on the back so I will make her ride her own bike and I will get to ride more without her complaining that I'm never home"

:p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.