Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Make a set of requirements for your self, ask what you want. Then go look at the options available and decide what compromises [if any] are with what exhaust and decide which best meets your requirements. So for example:

I've found that some manufacturers have different mounting brackets. At least one is using the rear peg mount. So if you intend to delete your passenger pegs and never intend to 2up then ones that use the passenger peg might not be the right one for you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like the lv corsa. It looks amazing and from the sound clip on their website sounds great. Is there any performance differences between the shape (something like the cone/oval shape of an r-77 or the circular design of the corsa?)

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
A few make decent quality pipes/mufflers. My reservations about the Corsa are in the other thread.

What do you need a pipe to do? Just be loud? If you are a new rider I'll venture a guess that you will have your hands full already and don't need an additional 1 HP pre-tuner or even 3-4 post tune.

My dirt race bikes have more HP than the 300, and I use it as a replacement for my many previous open class streetbikes. I wanted 45-50 HP in a light feeling packae with hi end components. Nobody builds that for the USA so the 300 is getting the silk purse for a sow's ear treatment.

That said, I choose the traditionally quietest slip on built, an Akra. It cost more but the materials and sound levels are exceptional. If it could be totally silent it would be even better!

Quiet is good.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Depends if it is a full exhaust or a slip on. If you want a full exhaust #1 for me is performance.
#2 is sound.

If it is a slip on just get what you like the sound and look of.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Obviously the quality is an important thing to consider but what also is important is the sound. think about it, your gonna be riding around with it so you want a sound you enjoy. But pretty much the main three are quality, sound and look.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya my kx250 has 55hp haha, i dont think the extra couple hp gains from a pipe will be very noticeable to me. Especially for a slip-on, which intend on getting, basically has no gains anyway. I'd like to get a project 250 track bike somewhere down the road as well.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Ya my kx250 has 55hp haha, i dont think the extra couple hp gains from a pipe will be very noticeable to me. Especially for a slip-on, which intend on getting, basically has no gains anyway. I'd like to get a project 250 track bike somewhere down the road as well.

If the $ is limited I think the tuner is a better bet first if you want better ridability and HP, a little anyway.

I've got an Area-P tuner on the way.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Yep, that Area P one is $249 shipped to ninjette.org members right now, free upgrade tunes too. They have a good looking dyno chart, even with a stock pipe.

I'll review it when I get it. :)

And that KX250 ain't no 55 HP! :eek:

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Name brand, and then just the look of it.

In regards to my 600's and 1000's, I really never needed extra power, just wanted a good tone.

·
Registered
547 Posts
A slip on: It's sound, appearance, price, performance.
Full exhaust: Performance, price, sound, appearance.

Definitely depends on your personal preference. For me, I'm happy with my new 300 and Its performance; I'll be going with a slip on for no more than AUD$550. I love the look of the Two Brother's Racing carbon slip on! Anyone know where I can buy one cheap?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.