Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post here.

I don't own the bike yet, but I will as soon as I get started working. I'm just curious about one thing.

I have a pretty long/steep driveway that is dirt with some rocks. Would it be hard to get up and down it on a bike like this? I've never ridden a bike so I have no idea how they handle things like this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats!

As for your driveway, you should be fine if you take it slow and keep a foot near the ground until you get comfortable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will be fine. Just go slow (less than 20km/ hour) and try to keep as straight as possible. If you plan on parking in the gravel your going to need some sort of a metal plate to go under your stand (so that it does not sink).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have the top area of the driveway paved, and I'm sure I will have it parked in the garage anytime I'm not riding it. I was just worried about hitting rocks and the tires slipping or something going up or down.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I've gone off-roading on the ninja. Just go.slow you'll be ok as long as you don't go Supercross on it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am having the same issue like you because the first half of the entry way of my driveway is paved but the 2nd half has little dirt and alot of tiny pebble stones. At times, I wonder if they will pop my tires 1 day because there was a time that a little sharp pebble went through the bottom of my sneakers and gave me a little pinch/cut.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ride through it in 2nd gear, keep it straight and steady and dont accelrate quickly or brake quickly or panic if you slip a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My driveway is dirt and gravel with about 10 sq. feet of concrete at the back, I'm a brand new rider too. Just go slow, even just walking along sitting on the bike and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
G'day from Australia, take it steady in 2nd gear as the others have said. 1st is too low & a little bit of a twist of the throttle will have the rear erupt in wheel spin.2nd is a good choice. dont focus on the front wheel when riding thru it, just look where you want to go to

·
Registered
195 Posts
Keep it in second gear and take your time, but maintain speed. After a few times doing it you will be flying up there. My driveway has a short 10 foot section at the bottom that is probably over 30 degree incline (concrete block), first few times I had serious trouble getting up there and it actually discouraged me from taking the bike out. Now I don't even think about it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lol when i see that ,i suddenly miss my drz!
Take your time and be extra careful when it rains,always turn slowly and use your rear brake a little more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts