Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
Picked up the freebies from Kawasaki yesterday (Three Hot Reasons Promotion).
1 - Colour Coded Rear Seat Cowl - took 5 minutes to instal and damm does it look good. Keeper for sure.
2 - High Rise Windshield - took 5 minutes to instal - 3 minutes to dislike the look of and another 5 minutes to take off. I think it took the sporty look off the front and made it look more tourer like. I was suprised to see that the little Kawasaki sticker that goes on the bottom of the windshield isn't included and has to be ordered. Would look better if it was tinted and not clear.
3 - Fairing Guard Set - dealer told me not to try to put it on myself and that they would do it at first service (labour charges applied of course). I opened the box to have a look and read the instructions which included removing fairings, supporting the engine block and drilling into the fairings to mount the rubber bumpers! No Thanks. Bikes insured so don't care if fairings get busted up in the event of drop.

End result - only keeping the seat cowl because it looks bloody unreal. Other two I'm going to sell. Ebay here I come!

Anybody else put these one?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No..bought mine too early dammit :(

Sorry 'bout that Jud82. I guess the upside is that you've had longer to enjoy your new bike! I think I would have preferred $650 cash back or even store credit to go towards some new riding gear. They were doing $1000 cash back on the 650r at the same time - looked at that but like the Ninja 300 better.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I finally picked mine up, I won't be installing the factory frame sliders. I have the seat cowl installed, it looks great its staying.

As for the bigger windscreen, I don't know if its really helping that much to be honest, I get buffeted from side to side more, its like its pushing a narrow tunnel of air slightly higher but the helmet is larger than this tunnel, thus I seem to be getting shunted around a lot at higher speeds. The smaller one I didn't get this, maybe its just me.:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah i guess the way they would see it they lose money for the 3 freebies but make it back by charging for installation...;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i guess the way they would see it they lose money for the 3 freebies but make it back by charging for installation...;)

Cynical.... but so true! Plus I think they wanted to keep the sales momentum going just before Honda releases the 500r.

·
Registered
257 Posts
We (Canada) have not been graced by the gifts from the Kawai gods. I paid good doubloons for my seat cowl last weekend. Tho our season hasn't even really started yet, surprised they haven't done any preseason incentives.

·
Registered
839 Posts
That angers me a little, lol.
I never got any freebies -_-

Reactions: Rick and skinnyinto

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought mine like 2-3 weeks ago from a dealer in rockingham, WA

were u offered the freebies at the dealership as you purchased?

i didnt get shit

·
Registered
392 Posts
I want freebies, what process did you go through to get this?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
before you go nuts on ebay, put them up on this forum first in the for sale section, be sure to read the rules, as there is a few Aussie riders chasing the parts you mentioned you wanted to sell

·
Registered
655 Posts
My dealership sucks bought mine 2 months ago. didn't even get a full tank of fuel.

and to make it worse I bought two 300's at the same time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts